Discreet question about buying from a fellow member

Joe Kilroy

Jul 19, 2019
I've never done this before. I have been offered a 99% full 200ml Fahrenheit EDT for $80 by a member.

If this was Ebay of course I would check "ratings" or other such seller history, but I don't know how it works here.

I would be very happy to make this purchase, I just need to feel some re-assurance before buying, as I am not in a position to risk.

Can any members advise please? Have you bought from this member and were you happy with your purchase. I am writing in a spirit of openness,

I am sure any seller would understand my need to do so,

Thx.

Last edited:

HFMIII

Nov 29, 2016
I've never done this before. I have been offered a 99% full 200ml Fahrenheit EDT for $80 by a member called ******.

If this was Ebay of course I would check "ratings" or other such seller history, but I don't know how it works here.

You are in luck, there is a rating system for transactions here on basenotes. It's called feedback.

Open the member's profile by clicking on their name in the private message or thread and click on view profile.

You will see 5 tabs along the top, the last one on the right is Feedback.

There you will find all positive and negative feedback from any sales / swaps / splits.

Last edited:

notspendingamillion

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 2, 2018
I understand asking, and there is no feedback on his profile. But consider editing his name out after a bit, as naming names without a positive spin, or a negative warning seems a bit uncouth.

Joe Kilroy

Jul 19, 2019
I understand asking, and there is no feedback on his profile. But consider editing his name out after a bit, as naming names without a positive spin, or a negative warning seems a bit uncouth.

I have edited his name from my OP and asked a moderator to edit the quoted part of the next post which quotes his name.

THere is feedback on his profile, if you expand the feedback link below where his feedback stats are.

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
While I am mindful of duping attempts, I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. But that’s just how I roll.

Other options:

1. Use PayPal. Should things turn sideways you have an option to raise a dispute.
2. Offer to pay 50% up front and the remainder upon safe reception of item. A seller who agrees to this term usually wins more future business from me.

furrypine

Community Manager
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Mar 4, 2007
Paypal is your friend. If there are serious issues and the seller becomes uncooperative they can force him to refund you. DO NOT use the "this is a gift" option when paying or you will have less of a chance of making your case with Paypal.

Latest News