Dior Homme Sport 2022 - Thoughts?

NickZee

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2014
58683C43-0BB3-4651-9371-423F88F3893E.jpeg Received my bottle of Dior Homme Sport 2022 today, I am 5 hours into my first wear and very impressed. This version abandons the ginger and iris combination of previous iterations and builds on the DNA of Dior Homme 2020, which was a but too woodsy and sharp for me. In the sport version, the citruses are highlighted, and woodsy spicy notes are delivered at just the right volume, elevated by aldehydes. Longevity seems good. This strikes just the right tone for the office, despite the name and feels like something guys 30+ would be comfortable wearing regularly. There is a modern and nostalgic feel to it simultaneously and I think a lot of Basenoters might have been waiting for something like this?

Has anyone else been impressed or is it just me 😁

ScentDane

May 17, 2018
I was initially very unimpressed with Dior Homme 2020 that I found a bit generic and uninspiring, but it has since won me over. I find it incredibly versatile and safe whilst still being very pleasant and masculine.
The Dior Homme Sport 2022 lives up to the name. It's definitely a sportier and fresher build in Dior Homme 2022. It has some modern and nostalgic vibes too it without feeling too oldschool, and it's very versatile.
Is it groundbreaking? Not at all, but it's a good daily driver perfume for warmer weather that performs, is pleasant and versatile.

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
From a personal viewpoint alone, still enjoying in the 2022 version of this fragrance both the unaltered, consistently good performance as well as indeed its noticeable versatility for 30 plus wearers as well as for office/daytime wear

ChuckW

Basenotes Institution
Aug 21, 2001
View attachment 279374 Received my bottle of Dior Homme Sport 2022 today, I am 5 hours into my first wear and very impressed. This version abandons the ginger and iris combination of previous iterations and builds on the DNA of Dior Homme 2020, which was a but too woodsy and sharp for me. In the sport version, the citruses are highlighted, and woodsy spicy notes are delivered at just the right volume, elevated by aldehydes. Longevity seems good. This strikes just the right tone for the office, despite the name and feels like something guys 30+ would be comfortable wearing regularly. There is a modern and nostalgic feel to it simultaneously and I think a lot of Basenoters might have been waiting for something like this?

I think your assessment is spot on. This plus DH 2020 are maybe my easiest dumb reaches at the moment. Extremely pleasant scents.

ToughCool

More Cool Than Tough
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008
View attachment 279374 Received my bottle of Dior Homme Sport 2022 today, I am 5 hours into my first wear and very impressed. This version abandons the ginger and iris combination of previous iterations and builds on the DNA of Dior Homme 2020, which was a but too woodsy and sharp for me. In the sport version, the citruses are highlighted, and woodsy spicy notes are delivered at just the right volume, elevated by aldehydes. Longevity seems good. This strikes just the right tone for the office, despite the name and feels like something guys 30+ would be comfortable wearing regularly. There is a modern and nostalgic feel to it simultaneously and I think a lot of Basenoters might have been waiting for something like this?

Your review is spot on how I felt and also thought it was a great new offering. Purchased it on the spot

Buzzlepuff

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 27, 2005
I am impressed with the new DH Sport. Will be interested to see how they wear in cold weather but so far it's a winner for me.

Effortless

Basenotes Member
Jan 11, 2022
I am impressed with the new DH Sport. Will be interested to see how they wear in cold weather but so far it's a winner for me.

Was actually rather disappointed with mine earlier in the year (cold weather). When it started warming up over the past few months DHS 2021 made a much better impression on me, seems to shine on warmer but not necessarily scorching days.

finsfan

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 6, 2003
I lost the citrus aspect of DHS 2021 and well, it did not stand out. Someone said the word pleasant and I can agree with that assessment. It is inoffensive to me, but not one of those that someone is going to say, wow, I LOVE that scent. I will try it out again and yes, it was a woodsy sort of scent but nothing that I would say I HAVE to wear that today

DixieDawg

Jul 28, 2022
This is a very confusing scent to me. The first hour is almost pungent to me. Sour and foul with a side of pepper. After an hour the sourness makes way for a pretty nice scent. The longer it wears the better it gets. Really want to like it but the opening is so bad to me. But I’m also in the vast minority on this one.

dougczar

Basenotes Institution
Mar 3, 2012
Blind bought this a while back. Its ok. Not much more.

DHS 2008 and 2012 were near masterpieces. DHS 2017 introduced a clear synthetic feel to it - gave it a cheaper feel IMO. This latest one just went a little further down the same road. It smells decent, but has a bit of a cheap drugstore "aromachemical-by-numbers" smelling thing to me. It smells OK, but almost completly devoid of the true greatness that it came from.

Effortless

Basenotes Member
Jan 11, 2022
Just gotta say that I’m loving this stuff. It’s really smooth with incredible longevity. Citrus and woods. Genius.

Never had a freshie like this where the citrus accord actually stays intact, lasts almost the entire duration of the fragrance. It's great.

Longevity is impressive, but I do find the projection dials down a lot now that summer is ending. My DH2020 seems to project a bit better in colder weather.

Speedway

Basenotes Member
Apr 15, 2021
after reading all of these (largely) positive reviews, I finally sampled it today. And.......it is a surpassingly "ok" fragrance. I don't get the love. (frowns, shakes head, mutters "is this the most we can expect from Dior now" etc etc)

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...