Dior Homme Parfum vs Acqua Di Parma Colonia Leather vs Fahrenheit

vul

Dec 15, 2020
Hi guys, which do you like better in terms of:

1- smell profile

2- projection

and which do you think is more masculine and suitable for someone in his late 20s.

I can get 100 ml Dior Homme Parfum Dior, 180 ml of Colonia Leather, or 200 ml Fahrenheit for almost the same price here where I live.

Foxsbiscuits

Oct 8, 2003
I prefer the smell profile of Fahrenheit and think it has similar projection to DHP. I don't know Colonia, sorry.
DHP you'll smell good but like 90% of guys your age.
Fahrenheit you'll smell good and like 0% guys your age. It can be polarising with its strange hot gasoline accord but I love it and think it still holds up almost 40 years later. My guess is you'll get a lot of Fahrenheit love on this forum.
I wouldn't blind buy it, I assume you've tried them all and want a group opinion.

Reactions: vul

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
Fahrenheit is clearly going to be the crowd-pleasing answer here. It's the most mainstream of the lot and has quite an established fan base given that it has been out the longest.

I personally don't get the hype on Dior Homme Parfum. I don't get the leathery aspect that people talk about. I think Dior Homme Intense is just as fine.

As for the Acqua di Parma, it has been said to be the best of the 'suedey' leathers, especially when compared to anything in Tom Ford's range. I don't think this is a fair comparison with Fahrenheit as that one is more of a classic leather. Acqua di Parma have however created something really long lasting that projects very well. I've sprayed a card with the EdP version a few days ago and even now it still smells strong and projects very well. It's a hidden gem in the leather category if I may say so.

vul

Dec 15, 2020
I‘m very sorry, I don‘t quite understand your question. But Fahrenheit is a hell of a fragrance, yes 😁
Ah, its embarrassing😅. I meant narciso rodriguez for him which i saw as your current fragrance.

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
All 3 good, and different. All stereotypically masculine, in the leather or fougere-y styles, and suitable. Colonia leather is strong and arresting-so you have to be into it. I like it because it's more striking-it has a very harsh accord of citrus and dry leather. Probably projects better than the others. The other two are less harsh but they are still very unique.

peter4ptv

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 1, 2015
For every day Fahrenheit, Dior homme parfum for me is a total masterpiece (and I can’t stand the original 2005 homme) but it is very hard to wear regularly 1 spray will fill a room and some people may not like that.

DoctorM81

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 26, 2011
I'll go against the grain here - I'm not particularly a fan of Fahrenheit. I do like both of DHP and Colonia Leather, so would happily go for either of those.

My memories of DHP are sketchy, however - I passed over purchasing it at the time of release, figuring I already had more than enough from the DH family (maybe a mistake as I have positive memories of it, and would happily now trade out my bottle of Dior Homme Eau for it). Colonia Leather I do own and love. It makes a great, more wearable substitute for something like Tuscan Leather in my opinion.

Go with whatever appeals most to you, though.

Bangkok Hound

User of Toilet Water
Basenotes Plus
Nov 4, 2015
Smell profile:

For a full on leather: Colonia Leather

Fahrenheit is Fahrenheit. It stands alone. I don't really think of it as being a leather scent though.

Dior Homme Parfum: Nice, but too powdery to be my favorite.

Projection:
They're all great performers. When I wear any of them, I'm able to smell them all day.

Alonewithcologne

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 12, 2017
Dior Homme Parfum by a country mile for me. It's absolutely beautiful. One spray fills up a room, and it lasts at least 18 hours, and I have a newer reformulated bottle. I don't like the other two choices too much.

Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

Latest News

. .