Misc Deleting "Alerts"

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
1. Click on your own username in the top black bar
2. Of the choices that drop down, click "preferences"
3. Many choices appear -- for emails, etc.
4. Scroll down to the section "Receive a notification when someone…", and untick everything of which you don't want to be notified.

David Ruskin

May 28, 2009
1. Click on your own username in the top black bar
2. Of the choices that drop down, click "preferences"
3. Many choices appear -- for emails, etc.
4. Scroll down to the section "Receive a notification when someone…", and untick everything of which you don't want to be notified.
What a star you are! Thank you.
However having just done what you suggested I did not find any way to delete existing alerts. It is quite useful to be given an "alert" when someone writes to you, but once that "alert" has been read I would like to delete it. I am building up a long list of unnecessary information that I would like to delete. I still do not know how to do this.

Last edited:

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
I did not find any way to delete existing alerts. It is quite useful to be given an "alert" when someone writes to you, but once that "alert" has been read I would like to delete it. I am building up a long list of unnecessary information that I would like to delete. I still do not know how to do this.

As far as I know, there is no way to delete them; they simply change from Unread to Read.

Rather than a Delete feature, I think a preference to Hide Read Alerts would be better, because 1) it would require less user interaction to achieve the desired result, and 2) if one ever wanted to review Read alerts, one could then toggle the setting.

David Ruskin

May 28, 2009
As far as I know, there is no way to delete them; they simply change from Unread to Read.

Rather than a Delete feature, I think a preference to Hide Read Alerts would be better, because 1) it would require less user interaction to achieve the desired result, and 2) if one ever wanted to review Read alerts, one could then toggle the setting.
OK, thanks for that.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012

That's a very good idea. It should be posted somewhere that Grant can add it to his list.

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
Just to add, You can’t delete alerts but they do just disappear into the ether after a few days.

Latest News