Daytime Summer frags with longevity

e_s1950@yahoo.com

Basenotes Member
Dec 10, 2008
What daytime summer scents do you enjoy that have enough longevity to last a work day? I'd prefer to avoid mint at a dominant note if possible.

I've tried a vast number of designers and they just don't last. Dior and Chanel have some nice scents but they quit early. DH2020 has some legs but that Iso E super is too much for me. AdG and flankers didn't cut it either but I did like the profile. YSL Y EDP does last 8hrs but is too cloying for me.

All I have right now is PDM Greenley and TF Costa Azzurra Parfum. They easily last 8 hours and have a decent enough scent bubble. If I can find one or two more I'd be happy. I've also tried a few Xerjoff's like Naxos but that had an overwhelming cloying honey sweetness. Greenley and Costa Azzurra strike that nice balance of not being cloying but projects modestly and last 8 hours. They aren't intense or dominated by a few notes so you can see I'm kinda bland in the summer scents I like.

freewheelingvagabond

Basenotes Institution
Jun 10, 2012
Sel Marin from Heeley. I thought it didn't last when I tried from a sample. Later on I got a bottle and started using it, and stuck to it. After having worn it for 5-6 times, I realised it has consistently good longevity, with reasonable sillage and projection as well (based on 6-8 sprays). It comes alive in the heat and humidity, and the salty vetiver is refreshing, smells great but still a little quirky at the same time. No sharp/synthetic smell, really well executed scent. It's one of my summer staples together with Un Jardin Sur Le Nil.

JBHoren

I *am* smiling
Basenotes Plus
Apr 25, 2007
Sel Marin from Heeley. I thought it didn't last when I tried from a sample. Later on I got a bottle and started using it, and stuck to it. After having worn it for 5-6 times, I realised it has consistently good longevity, with reasonable sillage and projection as well (based on 6-8 sprays). It comes alive in the heat and humidity, and the salty vetiver is refreshing, smells great but still a little quirky at the same time. No sharp/synthetic smell, really well executed scent. It's one of my summer staples together with Un Jardin Sur Le Nil.
Nice choice! Which is exactly why I chose (scant minutes ago) my SOTD: Aubusson Salted Vetiver (close enough for one with less-deep pockets).

finsfan

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 6, 2003
Rocking Acqua di Gio Profumo

Also, I get about 10 hours, believe it or not, from Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne. Fades to a skin scent after 2 hours, and then it gets real soft after say 5 or 6, but in 90 degree weather, it reactivates when i sweat a little

Mordokajus

Basenotes Member
Dec 24, 2012
I can only recommend 2, both are from Orto Parisi: Bergamask and Megamare.

Megamare easily lasts over 30 hrs and im not exagerating. Bergamask is a less of a monster, but still a beast, 16 hrs easily.

Sample both first - they’re not everyones taste, but I personally love them very much.

Latest posts

Latest News