Davidoff Zino-My Wife’s new fave

jdnba

May 30, 2007
Over the years I have collected a number of really nice frags ranging from Vintage to Modern, Designer to Niche, small
And big houses…rarely does my wife ever compliment my fragrances, even if she bought them for me. She has told me she just doesn’t really get into it. I’ve bought her a few that she really likes(I bought her By Kilian for our wedding and so she loves that), but I digress. I bought a bottle of Lancaster Davidoff Zino, with full script bottle…I had never smelled it, but sounded awesome. I’m happy to say that not only do I love it, but she said that I smelled really good even after I had been landscaping in back yard all day. Guess I found a winner!

I’m having a hard time pinning down though what I have smelled that is similar to it. I’m enjoying the hell out of it, but it’s strangely familiar despite me never having owned it before.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
I bought a bottle of Lancaster Davidoff Zino, with full script bottle…I had never smelled it, but sounded awesome. I’m happy to say that not only do I love it, but she said that I smelled really good even after I had been landscaping in back yard all day. Guess I found a winner!
You and she both have great taste! It's a wonderful scent IMO.

Opiate

Sep 19, 2010
It’s a great fragrance. There’s a number of fragrances that are similar in notes (like Guerlain Heritage) but imo none of them are better.
It’s funny because over the past year I’ve lost my taste for lavender & patchouli (especially when they’re together) but I still enjoy Zino.

Monsieur Montana

Jan 14, 2015
Well done to both of you.
Zino is unique and I haven’t found another perfume that smells like it yet.
My uncle, the one who introduced me to Montana Parfum d’ Homme, started wearing it after Montana disappeared from the market.
I have followed him, making it my signature perfume for a few years.
My father is the third male in the family that wears it for about 6 years continuously.
He re-discovered it on a visit and since then I regularly buy bottles for him :)
I also keep a few for me but I don’t wear it very often these days.
Zino has affected my colleagues in various ways.
I remember most of them enjoying it telling me how nice I smell but I still can’t stop smiling at the memories of a senior colleague who just couldn’t stand it. He used to open the windows of our meeting room wide open every single morning and he was trying to make himself feel less sick by taking deep breathes of fresh air :).
My chief at that time was smoking Zino Cigarillos in the meeting room but that wasn’t (for him at least) as annoying as my perfume.
He has never told me not to wear it again, nor asked me what it was but his reactions were more than words :).
OMG what times were those. I kind of miss them :)

Darvant

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2010
Perfume Kiori by Kiori and Tom Ford Beau de Jour are in the same league (yes also 1920 Extreme, Mugler B Men and vaguely Hermes Rocabar which is more aromatic/spicy boisé)

Darvant

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2010
Well done to both of you.
Zino is unique and I haven’t found another perfume that smells like it yet.
My uncle, the one who introduced me to Montana Parfum d’ Homme, started wearing it after Montana disappeared from the market.
I have followed him, making it my signature perfume for a few years.
My father is the third male in the family that wears it for about 6 years continuously.
He re-discovered it on a visit and since then I regularly buy bottles for him :)
I also keep a few for me but I don’t wear it very often these days.
Zino has affected my colleagues in various ways.
I remember most of them enjoying it telling me how nice I smell but I still can’t stop smiling at the memories of a senior colleague who just couldn’t stand it. He used to open the windows of our meeting room wide open every single morning and he was trying to make himself feel less sick by taking deep breathes of fresh air :).
My chief at that time was smoking Zino Cigarillos in the meeting room but that wasn’t (for him at least) as annoying as my perfume.
He has never told me not to wear it again, nor asked me what it was but his reactions were more than words :).
OMG what times were those. I kind of miss them :)

A hug my friend, I had a problem with my brother in law which could not stand several of my vintages as Aramis, Fendi Uomo or Ferrè (he used to say I smell like a grandpa)

jdnba

May 30, 2007
A hug my friend, I had a problem with my brother in law which could not stand several of my vintages as Aramis, Fendi Uomo or Ferrè (he used to say I smell like a grandpa)

It’s funny-I will turn 40 next year and I definitely am starting to appreciate the dad and grandpa scents more and more as I get older lol

cpp214

Jan 20, 2011
This thread inspired me to revisit the vintage version of Zino. I've owned and liked the reformulated version, but I tried the vintage early on in the fragrance hobby and wasn't a fan of it. Was lucky enough to find a vintage 2.5oz bottle on eBay for $30 shipped so I'm going to give it another shot.

Latest News