Dan MyMickers (YouTuber reviewer) has died.

pluran

Mar 2, 2006
That's terrible news. He had a lot of fun with the fragrances. He was definitely enthusiastic! I think he'd been dealing with some health issues for awhile. If so, I'm sure he's feeling better now. He'll be missed.

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Another sombre reminder of the ephemerality of life. For some of us the big ticket ride may just be around the corner. I never followed his channel though. Does anyone know what his no.1 fragrance was?

The_Cologneist

Feb 27, 2010
RIP Dan "MyMickers" Mish

I just wanted to take a moment to recognize fellow friend, Facebooker, Youtuber, Basenoter, and an all around great guy, an asset to the fragrance community and the growth of it. Dan Mish passed away in his sleep yesterday. Dan started with us on BN around what some might call the "big bang" era here on BN, in early 2010, where myself, and many others migrated over from hearing about BN from reviewers like Marc and Tim. Dan was also one of us who came over around the same time, and entered Robes08 Fragrance Idol contest to become the winner and get his start. He grew slowly but steadily and always kept a loyal fan base, and kept his reviews short, yet informational. Dan was super humble, among other things, there aren't really enough kind words you can say about him, especially if you knew him behind the scenes. His personality - one of a kind, his laugh - contagious. I wasn't going to put this together for him, but I would be a fool to not honor him.

R.I.P. Dan Mickers Mish

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Re: You Tube reviewer MyMickers passed away

Yes, he was one of the awesome people that make this hobby so fun. And I feel like he brought something to the early YouTube "fragcomm" that made it better than it might have been otherwise. He will be remembered.

Cheers, MyMickers! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Man Of The World

Apr 3, 2017

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Re: RIP Dan "MyMickers" Mish

Thanks for that tribute! I didn't know him personally at all, but I loved his videos. His "Aventus got me kicked out of work" video still makes me laugh just thinking about it! :D

He was one of the good ones. Nice to see multiple tribute threads going up for him.

To MyMickers! :beer: :beer: :beer:

The_Cologneist

Feb 27, 2010

I will miss Dan, great person, far beyond Youtube. Became friends with him behind the frag game, spoke to him on the phone, and on FB about life in general, improving ourselves on the bad, and moving forward with the good. Dan was the most drama free reviewer out there. I wish others got to know him more personally, but at the same time I have to be one who says I lost a real friend. Prayers for Amanda, their kids, and their future moving forward.

RIP Dan

Slayerized

Jul 17, 2011

I just wanted to take a moment to recognize fellow friend, Facebooker, Youtuber, Basenoter, and an all around great guy, an asset to the fragrance community and the growth of it. Dan Mish passed away in his sleep yesterday. Dan started with us on BN around what some might call the "big bang" era here on BN, in early 2010, where myself, and many others migrated over from hearing about BN from reviewers like Marc and Tim. Dan was also one of us who came over around the same time, and entered Robes08 Fragrance Idol contest to become the winner and get his start. He grew slowly but steadily and always kept a loyal fan base, and kept his reviews short, yet informational. Dan was super humble, among other things, there aren't really enough kind words you can say about him, especially if you knew him behind the scenes. His personality - one of a kind, his laugh - contagious. I wasn't going to put this together for him, but I would be a fool to not honor him.

R.I.P. Dan Mickers Mish

I guess we almost at the same time created a thread about this very sad news......

The_Cologneist

Feb 27, 2010

I guess we almost at the same time created a thread about this very sad news......

I saw that. I just got home from the hospital too, and found out the tragic news. I'm just.. shocked.

I'll PM a mod and ask to merge our topics to avoid forum clutter.

Diddy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 14, 2015

This is sad. I didn’t even realize Dan had a GoFundMe started in March of 2017 to help with medical bills. I just watched his review of Dua’s Holy Grail from October 20th. It’s hard to reconcile with his passing after watching that video, in which he is so full of energy and life. I guess death really does come like a thief in the night. [emoji17]

RIP, Dan! You were one of the first YouTube fragrance reviewers I watched. I never understood why you didn’t get more subscribers. You will be missed by the community. Our thoughts and prayers sincerely go out to your lovely family.

Democritus

Mar 7, 2017

R.I.P. Dan Mickers Mish

Sorry to hear this.
Rest in peace....

The_Cologneist

Feb 27, 2010
Another sombre reminder of the ephemerality of life. For some of us the big ticket ride may just be around the corner. I never followed his channel though. Does anyone know what his no.1 fragrance was?

He never really said what his favorite was. I know GIT was up there for him. I know he LOVED pretty much anything Creed, but also loved a lot of avant garde stuff.

My last conversation with Dan was on Facebook, we were discussing how former reviewer JRWriter went to jail for being a "crooked cop" or is on trial, or something. We made some jokes about it using "Police" fragrances and turning them into meme's haha.

The_Cologneist

Feb 27, 2010

There's a third one on General, too, I think.

Thanks, i see that was the first.

If a Mod is reading, could you please merge all 3? Or maybe keep one in Male discussion forum, merge mine and Slayer's. A lot of people don't even leave Male Discussion Forum, and may wanna know.

I just.. got home.. heard the news.. was devastated.. had to post it, had to vent to some others. I had a friendship with Dan beyond a reviewer/watcher relationship. We spoke about all kinds of stuff, often health related. In fact, I remember being on the phone with him around the time Silentrich died, we were discussing that.

cameron

Oct 17, 2011

Very sad to hear of his passing. He is the one who got sent home from work for wearing too much aventus. Based on vids I think he had a young daughter too.

Enjoyed his videos. He had positive energy. I feel for his family.

BradW

Feb 13, 2010

I'm really saddened to hear of Dan's passing. I started my channel shortly after Dan won the first Fragrance Idol contest. The early days of the fragrance community were very fun and special. I remember sending him a sample of Sex Panther, which he talked about on his channel. I did a top ten reasons I love Dan and Amanda video, and he sponsored a giveaway contest for a Ed Hardy Love and Luck gift set and told everyone to sub to my channel and leave a nice comment, which was really one of the best times for my channel. He sent me some very animalic decants, and I did a couple stanky fragrance challanges with my son and my daughter. I never met or talked with Dan, but with Facebook and Youtube, I consider Dan to be one of my closest fragrance friends, and it's really hard to believe he's gone and will never get his opinion of fragrances again. Rest in peace Dan, and condolences to Amanda and her family. Dan was one of the most sincere and likable guys in FragComm and will be sadly missed my many.

ToughCool

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008

Sorry to hear this! Hate to see young vibrant people leave the world! I didn’t know much about him but Condolences to those who knew him well! He seems to have made a special mark

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017

Very sad news, I give his family my condolences. He was a great reviewer and person he owned the camera and delivered awesome reviews and information on fragrances to us. I am thankful for all his work that he did, and hope he is in peace he will never be forgotten.

QWERTYOP

Dec 1, 2010
He never really said what his favorite was. I know GIT was up there for him. I know he LOVED pretty much anything Creed, but also loved a lot of avant garde stuff.

My last conversation with Dan was on Facebook, we were discussing how former reviewer JRWriter went to jail for being a "crooked cop" or is on trial, or something. We made some jokes about it using "Police" fragrances and turning them into meme's haha.

Vetiver Tonka was his first real favourite, and remained so for years. I know Creeds Royal Oud overtook it some time later. But that video was some years ago. Not sure since. He certainly always loved his GIT, did Dan The Man!

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Wow, that's really sad. I always enjoyed watching him. He was always so excited about everything. Do you know what happened?

That's terrible news. He had a lot of fun with the fragrances. He was definitely enthusiastic! I think he'd been dealing with some health issues for awhile. If so, I'm sure he's feeling better now. He'll be missed.

Not sure why, but yeah, maybe chronic health problems that caught up, :(

Very sad. I watched some of his videos. He seemed like a genuinely good person. A Go Fund Me has been setup to help with funeral costs. I’m sure there will be people here who would want to help.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/danmymickers-funeralservices-fund

OP perhaps you could put the link in the first post?

Added! I thought about adding it initially, but I didn't know if it would be looked down upon or cause the thread to be removed.

I don't really watch youtube reviewers but I recognize that face and voice. So sad.

I remember him being the first or one of the first reviewers I have subscribed back in 2014 when I got the perfume bug. He was a big vetiver fan, like myself. May he rest in peace.

Likewise. I don't really watch reviews anymore, but he was one of the first I did watch some stuff of back when I got into the hobby in ~2012.

The_Cologneist

Feb 27, 2010

I remember some of his earlier reviews lol, he seemed pretty clueless. It's fun have watched him grow as a reviewer, because many of us were in the same exact predicament, only just not behind the camera. I'd suggest to others to watch his older videos and watch how young and inexperienced he was then, and how he grew. I remember some of his first reviews were Deseo from Jennifer Lopez (probably worth a lot now), Acqua di Gio, and some other more generic stuff. I also swapped samples with him often. He sent me a lot of Dua stuff, he told me they sent him so much stuff for free to review, every time there was a new one, they sent him a full bottle. I was especially enthused to have him sample Seduction in Black and Itasca, which I sent him samples of, he reviewed them, and gave me a shout out in the video too. I remember he also used to hate vanilla in fragrances but then he got over it, and started to like it, once he tried Spiritueuse Double Vanille.

ToughCool

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008

I remember some of his earlier reviews lol, he seemed pretty clueless. It's fun have watched him grow as a reviewer, because many of us were in the same exact predicament, only just not behind the camera. I'd suggest to others to watch his older videos and watch how young and inexperienced he was then, and how he grew. I remember some of his first reviews were Deseo from Jennifer Lopez (probably worth a lot now), Acqua di Gio, and some other more generic stuff. I also swapped samples with him often. He sent me a lot of Dua stuff, he told me they sent him so much stuff for free to review, every time there was a new one, they sent him a full bottle. I was especially enthused to have him sample Seduction in Black and Itasca, which I sent him samples of, he reviewed them, and gave me a shout out in the video too. I remember he also used to hate vanilla in fragrances but then he got over it, and started to like it, once he tried Spiritueuse Double Vanille.

I wanted to look at some videos in general and I wish more people were this short and enthusiastic. Sucks for his family

https://youtu.be/kAT5jpHU2Os

The_Cologneist

Feb 27, 2010

I wanted to look at some videos in general and I wish more people were this short and enthusiastic. Sucks for his family

https://youtu.be/kAT5jpHU2Os

it's funny you post this, I was looking back at our message log on Facebook and he was talking to me about making this list when he was making it. I make a joke about him putting nasty skanky niche stuff on the list, and he said he wouldn't. We had some inside jokes about some of the animallic frags he liked Then I asked if he would put Burberry London on, and he said it was too soon to tell.

Staff online

Latest News