Current Guerlain Homme EDP as a Replacement for the Original EDT? | Basenotes

Current Guerlain Homme EDP as a Replacement for the Original EDT?

Darjeeling

Oct 29, 2012
Guerlain Homme EDT has probably been my number one dumb reach scent. Fairly clean and modern, but smoothly done without any harshness or weird bits sticking out. Works well in both cool and hot weather. My bottle is coming to an end and I wanted to see what people thought about the current EDP vs the original EDT and whether it's worthwhile considering it as a replacement.

For what it's worth, I didn't like the intense release. It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't as easy wearing and versatile as the EDT. I thought BdC EDT might play a similar role, but there's something gritty in the base that sticks out and annoys me.

VintagePoison

Jan 30, 2013
While I love both, I enjoy the EDP just a little bit more. I think you'll love it.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Foamywax

May 2, 2013
The edt up until recently could be found much cheaper than the edp. Now prices have gone up and they cost about the same. The edp has a more cherry vibe going on compared to the edt while the edt has more almond in it.
Just my opinion ...

Foamywax

May 2, 2013
Yeah sorry I got them mixed up.
I was talking about Ideal.
Having said that I own Guerlain Homme edt and edp.
The edp is a bit richer and longer lasting than the edt but I kind of prefer the edt.

Brian5701

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 28, 2009
I loved the EDT but do not like the EDP. It’s much more formal and “mature” than the EDT. AdP Colonia Club you might like as a fresh warm weather option.

Kaern

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2008
I've had both and purchased the EDP last time as a 'go to' also.

It was equally as nice as the EDT imo.

Darjeeling

Oct 29, 2012
I see a couple of people mixing up Homme and Homme Ideal. Unfortunately Homme Ideal was a scrubber for me.

Looks like the EdP could work out, but I really need to sample rather than blind buy even if the two scents are very close.
Hopefully one of the department stores near me has it and I can sample it once our current lockdown finally finishes.

Foamywax

May 2, 2013
Yes that's true. I believe the edt was phased out in favor of the intense/edp because of performance issues.
The edt is a fantastic scent but has performance issues unless you overspray. When I hold my edt bottle to the light I see no fragrance oils. The edp on the other hand has a rich oily texture. I do this with alot of my fragrances.
It doesn't really mean anything but it's interesting.

Toxicon

May 29, 2021
Haven't tried the EDT, but I do really enjoy the EDP, and (not that you asked) I like it much more than the L'eau Boisee flanker which vanishes on my skin. The EDP feels potent and smooth, with a decent amount of sparkle for an EDP, and I find it performs quite well. When my decant runs out I'll probably pick up a bottle.

Not sure how you'll fare in Australia, but I found a number of seemingly reputable sellers on ebay offering reasonably priced decants. Might be worth a look.

Latest News