Cumin prominent scents

Kevin Guyer

Nov 16, 2006
When I need a cumin fix I reach for Rochas Femme parfum. Don't let the name fool you, it's totally unisex. Another contender is Rien by Etat Libre d'Orange, the cumin just adds to the animalistic accord in this one, where as RF wears its cumin on its sleeve. Happy spice hunting! :)

Last edited:

Dane

Jan 9, 2002
When I need a cumin fix I reach for Rochas Femme parfum. Don't let the name fool you, it's totally unisex. Another contender is Rien by Etat Libre d'Orange, the cumin just adds to the animalistic accord in this one, where as RF wears its cumin on its sleeve. Happy spice hunting! :)

Funny, both of your suggestions were at the top of my list.

I'm going to seek out Femme today...Rien was already on my wishlist. :)

bbBD

Banned
May 21, 2008
If you've already found Eau d'Hermes, you have what may be the best cumin fragrance..... I was just sampling it again last night and the balance between citrus and cumin is just brilliant.

Dane

Jan 9, 2002
The cumin in Kingdom was pretty much the only part I like unfortunately...a bit cloying otherwise (good, but not me). I do adore Eau d'Hermes, but find it can smell a bit "old world" in the drydown (which reminds me a lot of Pour Monsieur). Not that it's a bad thing...but I'm not always in the mood for it.

Any opinions on Declaration Essence? I pretty much wear Declaration every single day lately...I've grown an infatuation with it, but as most of you know, that only leads to wanting more!

SirSlarty

Dec 22, 2007
Not heavy cumin per se, but a few I recently tried I thought had some nice cumin notes in it.

KISS Him
Angel Schlesser Essential for Men
V pour Homme (Valentino)
Missoni Uomo
Rosier Ardent by Nez a Nez

mtgprox05

Dec 28, 2007
I would recommend Cuba by Czech and Speake, and Red Sea by Martine Micallef. I can't stand cumin, though, so I am more hyper-aware of them in scents.

Dane

Jan 9, 2002
Thanks for all the suggestions gents. Will definitely check out all that I can find 'round these parts. Have a sample of Serge Noir on the way already, and will definitely check out Santos. HATED Rose 31 (thanks anyway though), and already have a bottle of Kenzo Air (dont get much cumin out of this).

Apis

Oct 23, 2005
Cumin is one of my favorite notes. I have Kingdom, Femme and Eau d'Hermès. But, in my mind, Parfum d'Empire Aziyadé has the most incredible cumin note.

Bigsly

Feb 20, 2008
The only frag with a prominent cumin that I can tolerate is Royal Water by Creed (though I haven't tried many mentioned above).

Last edited:

lunarpanic

Mar 7, 2006
already have a bottle of Kenzo Air (dont get much cumin out of this).

It's the Intense version that features cumin - I can discern no cumin in the regular version.

Kingdom is heavy on cumin, but I must admit I found it dissapointingly thin, watery even.

I think you already own the best - Eau d'Hermès and Declaration.

nwatts88

May 16, 2009
Hi guys sorry for bumping an old thread, but I pulled out my almost gone sample of Aedes des Venustas edp from L'Artisan and was so keen on its big cumin note that I came searching for more. So if you haven't tried that, give it a go. And for me I have never tried the Alexander McQueen and (don't hit me) the classic Eau d'hermes so I'm out to try them next time I'm out and about. Thanks!

justaguy

Jul 1, 2009
Al Oudh by L'Artisan Parfumeur is more about cumin than anything else really. I really enjoyed it when I tried it a few days ago at Scentbar, and it would be my go to cumin (If i ever wanted a cumin frag).

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Last edited:

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
Ones that come to mind for me include the following:

Hermes - Epice Marine
Tom Ford - London
Krigler - America One
Slumberhouse - Sixes & Sevens