Creed Royal water vs Clive Christian 1872

Histone

Sep 19, 2015
I read that these two are similar. I have a sample of the Clive Christian and love the classy mature vibe I get from it but the price is just too absurd..
How does the Creed compare to it?

StylinLA

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 9, 2009
It's been awhile since I wore CC 1872 but I don't recall it being that similar to Royal Water. I see Fragantica reviewers say they are similar.

Royal Water has a pretty simple note profile. 1872 has a ton of notes.

Someone with more recent experience with both them may have a different take. I'm going from hazy memory of 1872, but it seemed more "perfume-ish" and Royal Water feels more "cologne-ish."

• Thanks
Reactions: rum

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
I own and love both and personally don't find them similar. They're both citrus aromaticas, but I find the CC much more complex and more full-bodied.

StylinLA

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 9, 2009
I own and love both and personally don't find them similar. They're both citrus aromaticas, but I find the CC much more complex and more full-bodied.
Full bodied is a perfect way to express it.

Histone, if you're looking for something "very close" to 1872 but less money, Royal Water may not be close enough.

If you're looking for a citrus aromatic that is sort of cologne like, Royal Water may do well by you.

A person who like 1872 may also like Royal Water, but I don't want you to expect something very close.

That Fragantica "This Scent Reminds Me of" is a nice feature, but sometimes misleading. It often references frags that are in the same basic ballpark.

Renato

Basenotes Institution
Oct 21, 2002
Clive Christian 1872 is a masculine scent to my nose. The tester of Royal Water I tested in a shop was unisex. The bottle of it I bought was more feminine than unisex, and I gave it to my wife as I wasn't going to wear it.
Regards,
Renato

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...