Creed royal english leather

SCENTMASTER "OG"

May 4, 2012
In your opinion how good is CREED ROYAL ENGLISH LEATHER,I've been hearing its a LOVE it or HATE it relationship???????THANK YOU in advance....

Last edited:

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006
Yes, as I recall there's a good deal of vanilla and/or amber which makes it a sweeter scent. Very charming though. I happen to have some I think would go better on a male, if anyone is interested. BNIB

Correction- I have 'Royal Delight'.

Last edited:

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
I personally enjoy it. Not the most complex leather, but makes this up more than enough due to a few very linear, but very natural and unadulterated notes. Also, an unexpectedly alluring fragrance in an old-fashioned, but not dated way, impressing and attracting never in an upfront, raw, overpowering way (though this fragrance can be very strong), however just with the right mix of distinction, conservative charm and suave, though also slightly eccentric leatheriness. Difficult to describe, but this fragrance belongs (subjectively speaking) to the ones easily to associate with a style, a mindset, a feeling, rather than just a generic and likable inoffensive scented water.

Jardanel

Jul 3, 2008
One of the few Creed fragrances I really like. As others have said, a "simpler" leather scent, but then I have smelled some leather frags that were chaotic and lost their point along the way. Royal English Leather, I've been told (and would welcome any correction if merited) is one of Creed's archival scents, one of the oldest of their scent recipes. I can easily imagine a handsome rogue in knee britches and tricorn hat wearing it. I've come very close to buying a full bottle, who knows, maybe it's my year to do so.

bokaba

Sep 13, 2007
I really like REL though it took me a while to fall for it. REL is a simple, refined leather redolent of the 18th Century gloves after which it is allegedly fashioned (though it is really a leatherized version of Coty's original l'Origan from the 1920s). I also like the ambergris and slightly powdery drydown. This is something I would get before it's gone for good.

Preston H

Mar 13, 2012
Yes, as I recall there's a good deal of vanilla and/or amber which makes it a sweeter scent. Very charming though. I happen to have some I think would go better on a male, if anyone is interested. BNIB

Correction- I have 'Royal Delight'.

They're very similar. I have them both and royal delight is a softer floral version of Royal English Leather

MELBOURNE21

Sep 7, 2015
It was only just recently I got the smell REL for the 1st time through a 5ml decant. I didn't care for it at all, and it wasn't what I was expecting.

But over the past few days, I have frequently been smelling the remnants of my empty 5ml decant and to be honest - I cant stop.

Buttery soft leather .. its amazing. Not sure about the asking price though, and it is mid summer here and I would like some of this for the autumn/winter time.

Will be on the hunt to buy one - fun!

Scentologist

Apr 17, 2007
If I may pose a question, I didn't see this listed on Creed's boutique vaulted fragrance section. Did I miss it? Wished they'd bring this back with a few others.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
If I may pose a question, I didn't see this listed on Creed's boutique vaulted fragrance section. Did I miss it? Wished they'd bring this back with a few others.

It was discontinued at least 8 years ago. The boutique doesn't have all of their vaulted scents listed such as many of their Private Collection and a few other their other EDTs.
One of the better ones from the EDT line.

Latest News