Creed Aventus was obviously made by...

slpfrsly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
Sounds like retrospective bullshit, let's be honest.

It makes zero sense. Literally none whatsoever. I can see them having an historical link to long-dead people as a personal perfumer alongside their clothing business. How can you prove it? The world operated in a very different, less transparent way 100 years ago. It could be true.

But in the 21st Century the Royal Family is (relatively) squeaky clean with its business dealings and, more importantly, when it comes to the Royal Warrant.

It just smells like bullshit. Could have happened of course, but sounds like shit.

- - - Updated - - -

In most houses, no single perfumer is really responsible for a perfume, and often it's a higher-up who gets to take credit for the work of assistants who do the heavy lifting (I highly doubt, for instance, that all the Morillas creations are crafted by him on a nuts-and-bolts, and that, instead, he functions as a kind of creative director). And even non-perfumer creative directors have a lot of influence on a house; Tom Ford isn't even a perfumer but has a distinct stylistic signature as a creative director that unifies his fragrance lines.

Far more eloquently put - exactly what I was trying, and I think failing, to say.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
In 2006 (that is: 4 years before Aventus - and its "revolutionary" pineapple note - was released), Gianfranco Ferre issues Ferre for Men, which has a noticeable pineapple note in the opening. Oh loook!!.... the perfumer is Pierre Bourdon!

- - - Updated - - -

And even non-perfumer creative directors have a lot of influence on a house

Absolutely true. Serge Lutens even defined Sheldrake as a "technician". It may sound a bit arrogant or insulting, but it's very true for brands that have a strong creative director.
That said, it is also true that the big chems and their perfumers try to "recycle" some successful recipes of the past, and some perfumes are mistakenly seen as groundbreaking, while what is really groundbreaking is the new aromachemical developed by these companies/perfumers.
It is very true for the rasperry/leather accord of Givaudan (blended in Tuscan Leather for the first time) or I highly suspect for the pineapple accord contained in .... Ferre for Men (and not Aventus!) for the first time (but Creed did a better job on the marketing, while Ferre's release stayed under the radar).

Basically the creative director tells how they would like the paiting to be, the big chem creates the new paint colours, and the perfumer paints it. Teamwork.

wilfred

Jan 13, 2016
three letters....NDA.

look at Herault's resume pre and post 2010 if you want to see some pineapple notes.

i actually found a perfume that has Bourdon & Herault joint credited as perfumers. i think it's likely they both worked on the DNA. Bourdon may have had a bigger part in what makes Aventus Aventus but Herault inherited the ideas.

ts4r

May 13, 2020
Hello, mystery solved.

I am led to believe Aventus was made by Alberto Morillas, Pierre Bourdon and Theriault. Or more likely, JUST by Alberto Morillas.

If you browse and scroll down Alberto's Instagram, there are a series of different photos where he poses with perfumes he's made.

In these photos he accidentally forgets to remove two Creeds: Millesime Imperiale, and more importantly Aventus for Her.

In the caption for this photo someone asks if he is the perfumer of all bottles pictured and he replies YES. So without a doubt he is either the sole perfumer of MI and Aventus for her. Or at the least a collaborator. One of the wealthiest perfumers on the planet after all, has no reason to lie.

Therefore I believe that Alberto is either the sole perfumer of Creed Aventus, or one of three perfumers.

Personally I think Alberto is the sole perfumer as he would have signed an NDA, and never made a similar perfume (he hasn't). Finally we could argue the artistic use of Calone in MI is inspired by ADG. The release timeline also makes a lot of sense. Alberto has an insane library of formulas and could easily make a flank of Aventus but has not. Not a single one, or similar scent.

Alberto has numerous photos of himself in St Tropez and other locations with Olivier Creed. Normally on his Instagram he will have 1 token photo with others in the industry or a group photo, but Olivier Creed appears with Alberto the most.

The reason I would believe it is a collaboration is because of the perfume's early and heavy use of Amrbox Super (Pierre Bourdon), iso-E super, and also Theriault working on Sulky Luciano Soprani.

I know a lot will not want to believe this, but I believe it is true. Morillas gets a lot of hate but he is the master of fresh perfumes. This also lines up with pkiler not wanting to out the perfumer (he learned in privy who it is via a friend) because it would disappoint people (read on another post).

- - - Updated - - -

https://imgur.com/a/BSZoVPw

Screenshot

Ineedcreed

Jun 27, 2019
Hello, mystery solved.

I am led to believe Aventus was made by Alberto Morillas, Pierre Bourdon and Theriault. Or more likely, JUST by Alberto Morillas.

If you browse and scroll down Alberto's Instagram, there are a series of different photos where he poses with perfumes he's made.

In these photos he accidentally forgets to remove two Creeds: Millesime Imperiale, and more importantly Aventus for Her.

In the caption for this photo someone asks if he is the perfumer of all bottles pictured and he replies YES. So without a doubt he is either the sole perfumer of MI and Aventus for her. Or at the least a collaborator. One of the wealthiest perfumers on the planet after all, has no reason to lie.

Therefore I believe that Alberto is either the sole perfumer of Creed Aventus, or one of three perfumers.

Personally I think Alberto is the sole perfumer as he would have signed an NDA, and never made a similar perfume (he hasn't). Finally we could argue the artistic use of Calone in MI is inspired by ADG. The release timeline also makes a lot of sense. Alberto has an insane library of formulas and could easily make a flank of Aventus but has not. Not a single one, or similar scent.

Alberto has numerous photos of himself in St Tropez and other locations with Olivier Creed. Normally on his Instagram he will have 1 token photo with others in the industry or a group photo, but Olivier Creed appears with Alberto the most.

The reason I would believe it is a collaboration is because of the perfume's early and heavy use of Amrbox Super (Pierre Bourdon), iso-E super, and also Theriault working on Sulky Luciano Soprani.

I know a lot will not want to believe this, but I believe it is true. Morillas gets a lot of hate but he is the master of fresh perfumes. This also lines up with pkiler not wanting to out the perfumer (he learned in privy who it is via a friend) because it would disappoint people (read on another post).

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot

Interesting theory but I think it’s more likely bourdon had a hand in the original DNA. The style of the og aventus doesnt really fit with morillas Aventus for her and MI make sense because those are exactly albertos style.

AntonPan

May 8, 2008
Interesting theory but I think it’s more likely bourdon had a hand in the original DNA. The style of the og aventus doesnt really fit with morillas Aventus for her and MI make sense because those are exactly albertos style.

Fully agree. Aventus is not in Morillas style at all. Moreover, after that he never made a clone of Aventus or anything in that specific style. So it's 99% not Morillas creation.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That can't be a colloboration between them, because Morillas works and worked for Firmenich, while Bourdon never was in Firmenich. Perfumers are never allowed to colloborate between fragrances companies.

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Hello, mystery solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot

Great intel, and I think you are 100% right about MI and AFH. MI is in his style, and AFH is exactly what I would expect from a "master of masculines" elaborating to a feminine. Morillas is also very skilled at elaborating the work of others while keeping things in the style of the originator - he would be perfect to do the job.

As for Aventus - could really see him having been on the team. Creed needed a modern mainstreamer that still felt upscale and did not veer off into eccentricity - they got it - Morillas would be the guarantee against an insufficiently mainstream flop.

Yes, and if I was Alberto, and had led the Aventus effort, that bottle would be there, in that display.

Fully agree. Aventus is not in Morillas style at all. Moreover, after that he never made a clone of Aventus or anything in that specific style. So it's 99% not Morillas creation.

- - - Updated - - -

That can't be a colloboration between them, because Morillas works and worked for Firmenich, while Bourdon never was in Firmenich. Perfumers are never allowed to colloborate between fragrances companies.

Although with the Creed secrecy thing, who knows. And Creed could sequentially contract help on a project. Possible way to pull off their game.

But I have to say, those bottles in that photo really are convincing for those two fragrances. And since I like Aventus For Her, added respect for Morillas!

Dec 6, 2020
three letters....NDA.

look at Herault's resume pre and post 2010 if you want to see some pineapple notes.

i actually found a perfume that has Bourdon & Herault joint credited as perfumers. i think it's likely they both worked on the DNA. Bourdon may have had a bigger part in what makes Aventus Aventus but Herault inherited the ideas.

More likely just a good faith agreement. Both Morillas (Aventus for Her, Millesime Imperial) and Rasquinet (Royal Oud among others) have confirmed that they have done fragrances for Creed.

ts4r

May 13, 2020
Aventus = Herault/Bourdon

MI = Bourdon

if you've smelled their resumes it becomes much more obvious. Morillas has nothing to do with them. that is all.

It is obvious that Morillas had a big hand in (and likely was the lead perfumer) in MI and Aventus for her. As said by him, on his Instagram. Why would Alberto Morillas lie?

Latest News