could you help me understand the smell of Goutal's Grand Amour?

Anamandy

Dec 27, 2018
What are you interested in, the edt or the edp? I'm asking because they're almost different fragrances to me. The edt is fresher with a very clear hyacinth, honeysuckle, green lily, and a slightly indolic jasmine, among other flowers. The edp has a similar note profile but is more earthy and dark on a leather, myrrh, and amber base. The edt is more like a bouquet of flowers, while the edp is like being surrounded by flowers in a garden, including leaves, stems, and dirt holding the roots. While both have musk in the base, I really don't get anything powdery from either of them.

Evangeline

Oct 31, 2009
To my nose, Grand Amour is all about its bold and juicy hyacinth. It's very floral in general, but with a lush green edge which keeps it from being overly sweet or cloying, and while it's not loud it's quite assertive, so you don't need a lot of it to radiate its hyacinth-y glory. It's my favorite Goutal, but I love hyacinth and can't ever seem to get enough.

Of your list, the only one I'm familiar with is Anais Anais, and it's not at all similar to Grand Amour.

lovetribe

Feb 16, 2016
To my nose, Grand Amour is all about its bold and juicy hyacinth. It's very floral in general, but with a lush green edge which keeps it from being overly sweet or cloying, and while it's not loud it's quite assertive, so you don't need a lot of it to radiate its hyacinth-y glory. It's my favorite Goutal, but I love hyacinth and can't ever seem to get enough.

Of your list, the only one I'm familiar with is Anais Anais, and it's not at all similar to Grand Amour.
Then ha not sad parfum?

lovetribe

Feb 16, 2016
the lily for me is the most beautiful, sad, funereal, indolic, thoughtful, green flower. from the reviews it seems to me that this perfume is like this ... as I like it ... or am I wrong?

donna255

Jul 16, 2004
I own the EDP version and the juice is now a deep amber colour.

I always got hyacinth from it with other flowers, not lily heavy and earth as well.

Agree with Guerlain Chamade, not the Bee Bottle version.

I would never wear a fragrance I considered sad.

Anamandy

Dec 27, 2018
the lily for me is the most beautiful, sad, funereal, indolic, thoughtful, green flower. from the reviews it seems to me that this perfume is like this ... as I like it ... or am I wrong?
I agree with everyone here. Hyacinth is the main player in Grand Amour. I love Lily too. If you like that note here are some you might like -

Cartier Baiser Vole and its flankers
Elizabeth Taylor Sparkling White Diamonds
D.S. & Durga White Peacock Lily
Tom Ford Shanghai Lily
Gucci Bamboo
Donna Karan Gold EDT
Olivine Atelier Bluebird
Olivine Atelier Amongst the Waves

Sorry, I haven't figured out how to add the picture links that will bring you to the review pages yet. Can you tell me how to add that?

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
IsoEsuperman once went on a grand quest for lily scents and got lots & lots of recommendations. You might want to take a look at that thread:

lovetribe

Feb 16, 2016
i don't know why but grand amour i would like to buy it in spring and hear it sooner. among the multitude of reviews many say that it is dusty, perhaps too many old style, others say that it is sad, others that it is cheerful, others that it seems to be in a garden. in short, better hear him first and maybe opt for him in the spring. while the 2 amouages I know them and I like them a lot.

Latest News