Costume National EDP vs Spicebomb OG

tspencer

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 12, 2016
Costume National has the kind of notes that you want to cling and stay. I pick Costume National over Spicebomb by miles in terms of enjoyability. Lavender, mint, dried fruits and a medicinal note make it beautiful for me. I am a fan of many medicinal tones in fragrance. So Costume National really is a home run for me. Even though I love spicy fragrances, Spicebomb never really scratched my spicy itches. I prefer classic spicy orientals. Spicebomb just smells of mediocrity, cheap materials and poor construction. I don't 'hate' it, but wouldn't wear it. There are cheap aftershaves that smell a lot better honestly than Spicebomb.

Opiate

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2010
Are you talking about Costume National Homme? Costume National Homme is leagues better than spicebomb, imo.

As for which is “more masculine and less sweet”… probably CNH.
But it is strong and can be cloying if you spray too much. I only use 1 spray myself.

tspencer

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 12, 2016
Love SB. I found CNH to be heavy and have a mustiness to it. Someone else described it as actually smelling like inside of a costume/mask. Not too far off. My younger, adult daughter who is a scent girl and likes most of my stuff didn't like it either.
Here is how Costume National Homme smells to me. Buy the shaving soap scent "Wisdom" from Soap Commander (which is lavender & mint), then buy a bag of trail mix (dried fruit). Take a smell of the open shaving soap container, then immediately put your nose in the trail mix bag and smell. THAT is 90% of Costume National Homme. The last 10% of the scent is a clean medicinal note.

Mr. dB

Jul 12, 2022
I feel very much like some folks ITT are talking about their experience with the original Costume National Homme and not the more recent Parfum flanker which has far less going on in the spice department. It would be helpful if everyone specifies which one they're referring to.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...