Ciaz Homme/ For Men ?

david

Jun 7, 2005
Has anyone tried this ?
I saw it in a shop, but no tester. It's not even listed in most perfume directories.

Kaern

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2008
It's by Revlon and is also known as CHAZ. Name was changed to CIAZ for the Italian market.

There is a version on the French Amazon for 98 Euros.

Lots of versions and different bottle caps -- it's a 'rabbit hole'

You should have just pulled the trigger on it :wink:

david

Jun 7, 2005
It's by Revlon and is also known as CHAZ. Name was changed to CIAZ for the Italian market.

There is a version on the French Amazon for 98 Euros.

Lots of versions and different bottle caps -- it's a 'rabbit hole'

You should have just pulled the trigger on it :wink:

Can you describe it ? Notes ?

Kaern

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2008
Can you describe it ? Notes ?

Have never tried it but these are the notes:

Top Notes

Lavender
Rosemary
Laurel
Bergamot
Lemon

Heart Notes

Geranium
Carnation
Pine
Coriander
Cinnamon
Clary sage
Cyclamen

Base Notes

Cedar
Moss
Musk
Tonka bean
Amber

david

Jun 7, 2005
Have never tried it but these are the notes:

Top Notes

Lavender
Rosemary
Laurel
Bergamot
Lemon

Heart Notes

Geranium
Carnation
Pine
Coriander
Cinnamon
Clary sage
Cyclamen

Base Notes

Cedar
Moss
Musk
Tonka bean
Amber

Thanks ! Appreciate your post.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
I've got an atomizer (meaning propellant-based), and while I really like the scent, the sprayer is terribly wonky. So I bought a bundle of small sprayers that were being sold as a lot because they were dirt cheap and I figured, surely at least one of them must work well. I haven't tested them yet, though. Anyway, funky sprayers notwithstanding, Chaz/Ciaz is excellent value for the money, as are a number of early Revlon masculines.

RCavs

Sep 13, 2004
I've got an atomizer (meaning propellant-based), and while I really like the scent, the sprayer is terribly wonky. So I bought a bundle of small sprayers that were being sold as a lot because they were dirt cheap and I figured, surely at least one of them must work well. I haven't tested them yet, though. Anyway, funky sprayers notwithstanding, Chaz/Ciaz is excellent value for the money, as are a number of early Revlon masculines.

Could you cite any similar fragrances ?

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
5BB7C34C-55EB-42E8-80C3-E484A74991AA.jpg

OK, I'm wearing it today. I think for comparisons to other fragrances, your best bet is just to peruse the reviews in the BN directory entry. (One reviewer compares it to Marbert Man, which I've never tried, while another references Balenciaga Portos, which I've worn once.) I will say it's a bold/thick scent, spicy and woody throughout with a heavy mossy/musky base. There's amber, too, but while it adds a bit of round sweetness, it's not cloying, nor is it at all vanillic. The lavender and citrus on top hint at barbershop, but I think this is too robust for that designation. The Tom Selleck hairy-chested ad campaign was pretty much on the money. I think it smells great, better for fall/winter. But, if you're worried about loud or "old man" scents, it might not be for you. (As I'm a loud old man, I'll keep right on wearing it.)

Per the reviews, stick with the vintage Revlon blue and gold bottles. (My 9ml Ciaz doesn't say Revlon, but it's definitely that era; perhaps a deal was struck with an Italian distributor to remove the Revlon name.) Apparently, the subsequent Jean Philippe version has been watered down.

RCavs

Sep 13, 2004
View attachment 162094

OK, I'm wearing it today. I think for comparisons to other fragrances, your best bet is just to peruse the reviews in the BN directory entry. (One reviewer compares it to Marbert Man, which I've never tried, while another references Balenciaga Portos, which I've worn once.) I will say it's a bold/thick scent, spicy and woody throughout with a heavy mossy/musky base. There's amber, too, but while it adds a bit of round sweetness, it's not cloying, nor is it at all vanillic. The lavender and citrus on top hint at barbershop, but I think this is too robust for that designation. The Tom Selleck hairy-chested ad campaign was pretty much on the money. I think it smells great, better for fall/winter. But, if you're worried about loud or "old man" scents, it might not be for you. (As I'm a loud old man, I'll keep right on wearing it.)

Per the reviews, stick with the vintage Revlon blue and gold bottles. (My 9ml Ciaz doesn't say Revlon, but it's definitely that era; perhaps a deal was struck with an Italian distributor to remove the Revlon name.) Apparently, the subsequent Jean Philippe version has been watered down.

Thank you very much! It seems to be what I'm used to wear! :smiley:

nosey74

Aug 30, 2014
View attachment 162094

Sounds good. Thanks for the write up.

Staff online

Latest posts

Latest News