Chill niche FB groups that aren't bro dominated?

Janjanjan

Oct 1, 2013
OK fellow femmes'n'friends - I need your facebook recommendations.

Love me some Basenotes, but originally looking to increase the audience for my sales thread I have now ventured into the world of facebook fragrance groups. Is it just me or is there a lot of... how to put this delicately... toxic bro energy? The second problem with this is everyone is selling/trading/discussing the same small group of male-oriented, heavily hyped scents that don't interest me.

Don't get me wrong, there is a place for all scent and all stripes of folks in fragcom. It's just that this isn't my scene and it feels like it's everywhere.

I am going to try women's perfume facebook groups if I can find some, but the catch is I don't broadly care for feminine marketed fragrances either (with few exceptions). My collection is almost entirely unisex.

What's a gal to do? Drop your recommendations below and help a sister out!

VintagePoison

Jan 30, 2013
Start one! Canada is pretty lucky, we have super active FB groups that are not bro-y at all.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Janjanjan

Oct 1, 2013
Start one! Canada is pretty lucky, we have super active FB groups that are not bro-y at all.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Sheesh I might have to! Gosh, what doesn't Canada do better than the US ;p
I am reluctant to put in the hours needed to administer a whole FB group by myself but I will give it some thought for sure.

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
I've actually had a lot of success selling fragrances locally on Facebook Marketplace. I don't know where in Ohio you are but this works better if you are in a large urban area with more people around. It also saves the time and trouble of shipping as buyers will pick them up and give you the cash - easy peasy.

Marketplace's algorithms flag certain brand names though due to concerns with counterfeiting, and will not allow these products to be listed in the Marketplace, so you may have to put in the listing that you are simply selling used perfumes and ask prospective buyers to refer to the photos to see what perfumes you are selling and their fill levels. This eventually worked for me after numerous attempts of Facebook refusing to publish my perfume listings in the Marketplace.

Janjanjan

Oct 1, 2013
Oooh this is really good to know! I live in the city so I might try this out. Do you think it would even work with obscure niche - (ex: Romanza by Masque Milano or Epine Mortelle by Laurent Mazzone?). Given everyone's problems with Ebay lately not letting people list used bottles I've avoided that route but hadn't considered Facebook Marketplace.

I've actually had a lot of success selling fragrances locally on Facebook Marketplace. I don't know where in Ohio you are but this works better if you are in a large urban area with more people around. It also saves the time and trouble of shipping as buyers will pick them up and give you the cash - easy peasy.

Marketplace's algorithms flag certain brand names though due to concerns with counterfeiting, and will not allow these products to be listed in the Marketplace, so you may have to put in the listing that you are simply selling used perfumes and ask prospective buyers to refer to the photos to see what perfumes you are selling and their fill levels. This eventually worked for me after numerous attempts of Facebook refusing to publish my perfume listings in the Marketplace.

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
Oooh this is really good to know! I live in the city so I might try this out. Do you think it would even work with obscure niche - (ex: Romanza by Masque Milano or Epine Mortelle by Laurent Mazzone?). Given everyone's problems with Ebay lately not letting people list used bottles I've avoided that route but hadn't considered Facebook Marketplace.

If they're priced competitively, yes. I've had buyers jump at niche bottles on Marketplace and live in a city of 750,000. There's also virtually no stores in my city that carry niche fragrances, so that could have been a factor too. Marketplace listings are free so it's definitely worth a shot - you have nothing to lose.

Latest News