Cheap dupes

Sweetvanis

Basenotes Member
Nov 1, 2021
I ordered from Al Dunya which is called pureparfums1425 on Etsy.
I made a fatal mistake, I ordered all scents that I have never tried- so I have no idea if they are accurate. These are oils are very strong. They claim to only use essential oils.
1) Feve Delicieuse Dior- very complex, became very bad baby powder on me and not the gourmand I hoped for. This has happened with a few scents on me. So turned off of this, I don’t even want to try the real one.
2) Noir de Noir Tom Ford- absolutely putrid, my first and maybe last oud
3) Cristobal Balenciaga- very nice, but not for me
4) Desire Dunhill- lime, magnolia, licorice and caramel, nice
5) Delina PDM- tart rhubarb and roses, lasts for days
If anyone has tried the originals and wants to tell me if these are similar or if you love these and want to try cheaper version: Noir de noir, Cristobal and Delina (dupes) I will send in US They’re sample size but very concentrated oils

Rick58 & Beth62

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 27, 2019
Given the complexity of some of the fragrances you listed, copying some of these note-for-note would be difficult (even using GCMS) to impossible. Especially when attempting it using nothing but essential oils because we know that the perfumers from houses both large and small are using both natural and aroma chemicals and the final product can contain upwards of two hundred or more components. I imagine duping fragrances is a bit like driving an icy road - you're cruising down the road fine and without much warning you find yourself sliding off into the ditch.

With Fève Délicieuse, it's tonka bean right off the bat - I don't know what might be triggering a baby powder association. As for oud, there have been some I've liked, a few I've loved, and a couple that left me puzzled, but NdN's oud is not terribly prominent in my estimation.

Sweetvanis

Basenotes Member
Nov 1, 2021
Given the complexity of some of the fragrances you listed, copying some of these note-for-note would be difficult (even using GCMS) to impossible. Especially when attempting it using nothing but essential oils because we know that the perfumers from houses both large and small are using both natural and aroma chemicals and the final product can contain upwards of two hundred or more components. I imagine duping fragrances is a bit like driving an icy road - you're cruising down the road fine and without much warning you find yourself sliding off into the ditch.

With Fève Délicieuse, it's tonka bean right off the bat - I don't know what might be triggering a baby powder association. As for oud, there have been some I've liked, a few I've loved, and a couple that left me puzzled, but NdN's oud is not terribly prominent in my estimation.
It must be the benzoin that I think smells like baby powder…
But it may not smell anything like the real one😆

perfumer86

Basenotes Member
Feb 16, 2020
I ordered from Al Dunya which is called pureparfums1425 on Etsy.
I made a fatal mistake, I ordered all scents that I have never tried- so I have no idea if they are accurate. These are oils are very strong. They claim to only use essential oils.
1) Feve Delicieuse Dior- very complex, became very bad baby powder on me and not the gourmand I hoped for. This has happened with a few scents on me. So turned off of this, I don’t even want to try the real one.
2) Noir de Noir Tom Ford- absolutely putrid, my first and maybe last oud
3) Cristobal Balenciaga- very nice, but not for me
4) Desire Dunhill- lime, magnolia, licorice and caramel, nice
5) Delina PDM- tart rhubarb and roses, lasts for days
If anyone has tried the originals and wants to tell me if these are similar or if you love these and want to try cheaper version: Noir de noir, Cristobal and Delina (dupes) I will send in US They’re sample size but very concentrated oils
using only essential oils to make those fragrances is a lie. u just cant. its only said cause of marketing purposes, the idea that if its only natural is good and not harmful. lies also.

Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

Latest News

. .