Chanel N°5 Body Cream surprise

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
N° 5 Body Cream is proving to be a really pretty perfume in its own right!

Just purchased the cream after not having had any for a long while. N°5 is notorious for its various concentrations and products smelling somewhat different from each other and the current body cream is no exception. It not only smells a little different from the parfum, edt, etc, but also different from jars of body cream used in the past.

And this body cream smells wonderful! Perhaps a little fresher than the edt I usually wear, with more emphasis on the floral than the aldehydes. In addition to smelling nice it lasts longer than the edt. Next move is to wear them together. Oh, yes—it also makes your skin soft, without being greasy! 😊

Has anyone else been wearing the current N°5 Body Cream lately? Love to hear other takes.

8841688E-34DA-4413-813A-907143C602B4.jpeg

whoame

Basenotes Member
Jan 15, 2022
I believe these products are the ones that change the most. I have a shower gel of Nº 5, the previous edition, and it smells closest to Eau Première. Like you say for the body cream, I can smell the shower gel scent for a whole day on me. It changes from aldehydic floral to more floral to something like a vanilla-tonka warm and creamy until reaching a musky phase in the end.

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
I believe these products are the ones that change the most. I have a shower gel of Nº 5, the previous edition, and it smells closest to Eau Première. Like you say for the body cream, I can smell the shower gel scent for a whole day on me. It changes from aldehydic floral to more floral to something like a vanilla-tonka warm and creamy until reaching a musky phase in the end.

Sounds beautiful, whoame. It’s kind of funny that they can make the shower gel last all day when the edt is rather fleeting by comparison!

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
Thank you so much for sharing!
Being incidentally from a long line of both Chanel fragrances and also scented Chanel products (mostly from the very same scented lines as the very Chanel fragrances, especially but not limited to the iconic classic No. 5), have definitely gotten even more inspiration and well informed insights for the next fragrant gift (s) for the next family occasion (s) and celebration (s).

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Thank you so much for sharing!
Being incidentally from a long line of both Chanel fragrances and also scented Chanel products (mostly from the very same scented lines as the very Chanel fragrances, especially but not limited to the iconic classic No. 5), have definitely gotten even more inspiration and well informed insights for the next fragrant gift (s) for the next family occasion (s) and celebration (s).

Agreed, Ken, it would make a very nice and generous gift!

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
Thanks for the info. I have not smelled the recent iteration, so good to know. I agree that Chanel body products smell great (though on me not any longer than even the edt).

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Here's an oddball question, Five-O: is the little square dish holding your new cream in the photo a piece of Metropolitan china made by Franciscan Potteries in the 1940s?

If you have one, Cook.bot, that sounds like a dish I’d like to see. I’m always looking up china styles and patterns.The one under the cream jar is Bing & Grøndahl from Dennark, which just happens to be the same shape as the jar.

D244CE1A-7CB8-4660-8C17-98247180B26E.jpeg

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
If you have one, Cook.bot, that sounds like a dish I’d like to see. I’m always looking up china styles and patterns.The one under the cream jar is Bing & Grøndahl from Dennark, which just happens to be the same shape as the jar.

Ah. Your Danish dish is the exact shape as the bowls that were in the Franciscan Metropolitan modernist line, and one of its color lines was the same shade of grey. At one time I collected it in a coral color, but no more.

a62fd1f5ef17e9902152a2f09d29338a--metropolitan-wedding-gifts.jpg

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Ah. Your Danish dish is the exact shape as the bowls that were in the Franciscan Metropolitan modernist line, and one of its color lines was the same shade of grey. At one time I collected it in a coral color, but no more.

a62fd1f5ef17e9902152a2f09d29338a--metropolitan-wedding-gifts.jpg

Thanks for the photo. Very nice set and food would look good on that colour. Yes, the shape is identical. If you still have any and get N°5 Body Cream you’re all set! I like the teapot.

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Just wanted to add another use for the body cream. As an experiment I rubbed a small amount into my damp hair after towel-drying, as a “conditioner,” and it worked and made the hair shinier than the real conditioner I’d been using. Not enough was used to make the scent last a long time but that’s fine as I prefer unscented hair products.

Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

Latest News

. .