Chanel Les Exclusifs Cuir de Russie Batch 4301

Mohawk77

Basenotes Member
Jan 3, 2016

I have what I think is a vintage tester bottle of Chanel Les Exclusifs Cuir de Russie Eau De Toilette. The batch code etched on the bottle is 4301. Does that mean it was manufactured April 2001? I originally purchased in 2016. As I understand, these vintage Cuir De Russie are highly sought after and very hard to find. Do I have the Holy Grail? The batch # reflects manufactured Aug 2019 on Checkfresh which would be impossible since I purchased in 2016. It did say Chanel reuse their numbers every 8 years. Smells great. Only sprayed a couple of times. I remember when I first purchased, I did not like. It sat in my closet and forgot about it.

What do you think?

Mohawk77

Basenotes Member
Jan 3, 2016
Actually your bottle should be July 2011. Les Exclusive EDT bottles are great overall.

You can take a look at the Raiders of the Lost Scent blog for identifying Chanel batch codes

Thanks N.CAL - Do you have any idea when they stopped manufacturing the Les Exclusive EDT and started selling the EDP version? Since it does not say EDT on the bottle, I want to make sure it actually is EDT. I did purchase in 2016 and as you said, the manufacture date is 2011.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Do you have any idea when they stopped manufacturing the Les Exclusive EDT and started selling the EDP version? Since it does not say EDT on the bottle, I want to make sure it actually is EDT. I did purchase in 2016 and as you said, the manufacture date is 2011.

I believe the EDT was launched in 2007 and the EDP in 2016.

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Thanks N.CAL - Do you have any idea when they stopped manufacturing the Les Exclusive EDT and started selling the EDP version? Since it does not say EDT on the bottle, I want to make sure it actually is EDT. I did purchase in 2016 and as you said, the manufacture date is 2011.

If you look through the perfume at the back of the label it should say edt or edp.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...