Chanel full stock again

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
During covid the local Chanel counter was in a miserable state here in Athens.
Egoiste was missing. Antaeus no where to be seen. Pour monsieur??
Not even a tester . Only Bleu de Chanel, Allure and Platinum Egoiste were in stock.
After a year of this dreadful sight and the scary thought that these were all discontinued...well they were all there today! Why this made me so happy I don't know. But seeing Antaeus, Pour Monsieur , and good old Egoiste after so long sitting proudly on display put a smile on my face.

cheapimitation

Basenotes Dependent
May 15, 2015
Yea I noticed this too, hurrah! The extraits especially seemed to disappear for awhile but now many of them are back, I knew Chanel wouldn't be discontinuing all these!

finsfan

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 6, 2003
I’ve not seen Antaeus, Egoiste, Pour Monsieur or Allure Edition Blanche in stores since before the pandemic. Went on Nordstroms and Saks and Neiman websites to order last week and they did not have the PM or AHEB

Last edited:

Salumbre

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 26, 2022
During covid the local Chanel counter was in a miserable state here in Athens.
Egoiste was missing. Antaeus no where to be seen. Pour monsieur??
Not even a tester . Only Bleu de Chanel, Allure and Platinum Egoiste were in stock.
After a year of this dreadful sight and the scary thought that these were all discontinued...well they were all there today! Why this made me so happy I don't know. But seeing Antaeus, Pour Monsieur , and good old Egoiste after so long sitting proudly on display put a smile on my face.

You guys are blessed. I have not seen Egoiste physically in stock anywhere for many, many years. I have to buy it online, either from Nordstrom or straight from Chanel.

And, of course, now I live in the boondocks, so I have to buy most everything online anyway.

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
You guys are blessed. I have not seen Egoiste physically in stock anywhere for many, many years. I have to buy it online, either from Nordstrom or straight from Chanel.

And, of course, now I live in the boondocks, so I have to buy most everything online anyway.
I really don't know why Chanel doesn't sell these fragrances in the States.
Or at least stock them more often because these forums are proof that their are people that want to buy them.

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013

When you say boondocks do you mean in the middle of nowhere??

Salumbre

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 26, 2022
When you say boondocks do you mean in the middle of nowhere??

Sorry, it's an American expression for exactly that. I live now in a small city in what's called the Midwest of the United States, aka Flyover Country, because planes mostly fly over these huge rural areas without a reason to stop.

When you said Athens, I figured you were speaking about Athens, Georgia. I now realize you were speaking about the original Athens, the city of Pericles and Plato.

StylinLA

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 9, 2009

I haven't looked for it in awhile, but even here in LA it's kind of a back burner scent. Some of the Nordstrom's may have it.

My guess is my best bet at brick and mortar level here would be the Chanel boutique.

Not sure how far out in the "boondocks" you really are, but I think it is probably hard to find Egoiste in any store other than very, very large cities in USA.

FoamyWax, the original Pour Monsieur EdT is the only scent they don't sell here in USA. I've never hear a convincing reason why that is. I was looking all over for it when I first joined Basenotes in 2009 and 2010. Egoiste and Antaeus are not prominently featured scents at men's cologne counters here usually, but some have a dusty bottle or two in the back shelves.

ToughCool

More Cool Than Tough
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008
Good to hear! Now that Pour Monsieur EDP is an “always have” in my group I’m nervous about it disappearing. The Niemans SA in Dallas said there were rumors of it being phased out since the Bleu line etc are the stars

Pippin06

always learning--often laughing
Feb 8, 2017
Good to hear! Now that Pour Monsieur EDP is an “always have” in my group I’m nervous about it disappearing. The Niemans SA in Dallas said there were rumors of it being phased out since the Bleu line etc are the stars
I hope PM edp is always available here. Such a lovely perfume. I would have a case of the "Bleus" if this were to ever happen. Bad enough we can longer get the edt.

Salumbre

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 26, 2022
I haven't looked for it in awhile, but even here in LA it's kind of a back burner scent. Some of the Nordstrom's may have it.

My guess is my best bet at brick and mortar level here would be the Chanel boutique.

Not sure how far out in the "boondocks" you really are, but I think it is probably hard to find Egoiste in any store other than very, very large cities in USA.

FoamyWax, the original Pour Monsieur EdT is the only scent they don't sell here in USA. I've never hear a convincing reason why that is. I was looking all over for it when I first joined Basenotes in 2009 and 2010. Egoiste and Antaeus are not prominently featured scents at men's cologne counters here usually, but some have a dusty bottle or two in the back shelves.

Nordstrom.com only carries Egoiste and/or Anteus around Christmas time, if at all.

I just go to the Chanel US website --the only place you can buy Pour Monsieur in the States.

ToughCool

More Cool Than Tough
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008
Nordstrom.com only carries Egoiste and/or Anteus around Christmas time, if at all.

I just go to the Chanel US website --the only place you can buy Pour Monsieur in the States.
I can PM EDP at Niemans. Definitely online too but Niemans is an option

Salumbre

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 26, 2022
I can PM EDP at Niemans. Definitely online too but Niemans is an option

Only some Neiman Marcus stores sell Chanel fragrances, and NM does not sell them online.

And, anyway, no Neiman Marcus in my whole state. No Chanel boutiques, either. I don't miss living in the big cities anymore, but I do miss those things, sometimes.

You can only get the EdP version at Chanel USA. Not the original EdT.

Alas...

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013

Yeah I remember reading about that.
Well it's obviously not selling well. And we are talking about a scent from the 50's but Chanel no 5 is even older so I don't really know the reason it was pulled off the US market.
I'm sure that none of the fragrances I mentioned are manufactured in large numbers anyway. Its just that Egoiste for instance is a bit more popular than pour monsieur.

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
Sorry, it's an American expression for exactly that. I live now in a small city in what's called the Midwest of the United States, aka Flyover Country, because planes mostly fly over these huge rural areas without a reason to stop.

When you said Athens, I figured you were speaking about Athens, Georgia. I now realize you were speaking about the original Athens, the city of Pericles and Plato.
Yes I live in Athens Greece not Georgia.
But I was born and raised in New Mexico which is why my English is still good I suppose...I picked up a bottle of Antaeus from a very old perfume store three weeks ago. An elderly gentleman owns it but will be retiring soon. He told me the Chanel counter he owns must always be full of stock. He is old school.
He is selling off all Chanel fragrances from the classic line for 80 euro (big bottles), and it's actually a really good deal as prices have gone up.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021

here in London, in the boutiques every masc that isn't bleu is left inside the drawers cause its not popular amongst the masses and isnt asked off as often on occasion il see if out on display in lux stores but only sometimes and usually when there displaying everything in the Chanel range

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...