Celebrity scents go niche? Chloe Sevigny & Régime des Fleurs

justfoxie

You smell nice
Basenotes Plus
Oct 23, 2018
As reported in the FT today (paywall, :cry:)

A short quote
She partnered with the LA-based artisan perfumer Régime des Fleurs — the scent has top notes of rose, blackcurrant and tea. It’s the brand’s first celebrity fragrance. “It’s owned by two friends of mine [Alia Raza and Ezra Woods] and it’s independent,” she says.

Raza and Woods “collected around 20 different bottles of rose that I had used in the past, and we would smell it and they would identify the specific [notes] I liked in each of these fragrances,” she says, referring to Rose by Comme des Garçons and Rose Ikebana by Hermès. “They had the vernacular, and they guided me. It was like learning about wine.” Sevigny wore each sample concoction for days or weeks at a time to narrow the final scent down to her favourite. “Little Flower was the one I kept going back to, that people would comment on and say they loved the smell when I went out,” she says. Launching it in DSM was a strategic move. “I think the Dover Street customer is maybe more familiar with me, and familiar with Régime des Fleurs,” she says.

Not my cup of tea, but it's nice to see a celebrity involved more in the creative process behind their perfume. Curious to see if this approach takes off with other niches?

Danny Mitchell

Basenotes Institution
Mar 21, 2019
As reported in the FT today (paywall, :cry:)

A short quote
She partnered with the LA-based artisan perfumer Régime des Fleurs — the scent has top notes of rose, blackcurrant and tea. It’s the brand’s first celebrity fragrance. “It’s owned by two friends of mine [Alia Raza and Ezra Woods] and it’s independent,” she says.

Raza and Woods “collected around 20 different bottles of rose that I had used in the past, and we would smell it and they would identify the specific [notes] I liked in each of these fragrances,” she says, referring to Rose by Comme des Garçons and Rose Ikebana by Hermès. “They had the vernacular, and they guided me. It was like learning about wine.” Sevigny wore each sample concoction for days or weeks at a time to narrow the final scent down to her favourite. “Little Flower was the one I kept going back to, that people would comment on and say they loved the smell when I went out,” she says. Launching it in DSM was a strategic move. “I think the Dover Street customer is maybe more familiar with me, and familiar with Régime des Fleurs,” she says.

Not my cup of tea, but it's nice to see a celebrity involved more in the creative process behind their perfume. Curious to see if this approach takes off with other niches?

I've been wondering for a while when celebs will dip there toes into the niche world opposed to designer stuff. As niche popularity continues to rise, it's pretty much inevitable.

mrmorel

Aug 2, 2018
But like... what designer would you ever imagine Chloe doing a scent for? I could only imagine her going this route.
Regime des Fleurs has also done some other off-collabs, like with the artist Bunny Rogers.

Scarce

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 28, 2014
But like... what designer would you ever imagine Chloe doing a scent for? I could only imagine her going this route.
Regime des Fleurs has also done some other off-collabs, like with the artist Bunny Rogers.

Yeah, she's always been associated with the arty New York scene, with its minimalism aesthetic. Her very first job as a teenager was doing Sonic Youth's Sugar Kane video with Marc Jacobs. She's always been part of that music-fashion-art scene, even with her more commercial film and tv work.

[video=youtube;RIIEbrMXs20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=173&v=RIIEbrMXs20[/video]

mistersurgery

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2008
Yeah, she's always been associated with the arty New York scene, with its minimalism aesthetic. Her very first job as a teenager was doing Sonic Youth's Sugar Kane video with Marc Jacobs. She's always been part of that music-fashion-art scene, even with her more commercial film and tv work.

Not to mention Brown Bunny.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...