CdG Blackpepper vs Montales Intense Pepper and Greyland? Any other pepper frags? | Basenotes

CdG Blackpepper vs Montales Intense Pepper and Greyland? Any other pepper frags?

sarmen2

Jul 25, 2020
Hi, I've been looking for a heavy blackpepper frag for a while and CdG Blackpepper is so far the best I've found. I would have purchased it already but my problem is that it becomes a skin scent really quickly and I'd have to keep a decant on me to respray. Performance is actually not too bad, it still smells of heavy pepper 6 hours later. So how similar are Intense Pepper and Greyland? I can't find samples for them in Australia so would one of them be a safe blind buy as a black pepper frag that can perform and give me black pepper as the main note throughout the entire time its on my skin? I'm open to suggestions as well. Thanks.

Hsx

Apr 11, 2020
Probably not the best but check Dunhill Desire Black , when i tested it it was a black pepper blast , i sprayed it in the air and the house smelled of it for a good while.
It’s cheap , so you can blind buy it

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
While not having any comparison with the fragrances in the thread starting post and/or title, since at least until now unfamiliar with both, taking the liberty to add further pepper (mainly black and/or pink pepper) scents as possible recommendations in no particular order, especially: Yardley Citrus&Wood, Opus 1870 and/or Ginepro Nero by l'Erbolario

sarmen2

Jul 25, 2020
Try these
Comme des Garcons Black
Noir Epices

I loved Black on paper then when it hit my skin all I got was licorice and birch tar. It was quite heavy on pepper on paper then nothing on my skin. Noir Epices was nice but not pepper heavy enough for my liking.

Probably not the best but check Dunhill Desire Black , when i tested it it was a black pepper blast , i sprayed it in the air and the house smelled of it for a good while.

I've smelled Desire Black (and Burberry the Beat) and the pepper was there but I thought it lacked oomph. I'm looking for something that's on Bang by Marc Jacobs level of pepper.

While not having any comparison with the fragrances in the thread starting post and/or title, since at least until now unfamiliar with both, taking the liberty to add further pepper (mainly black and/or pink pepper) scents as possible recommendations in no particular order, especially: Yardley Citrus&Wood, Opus 1870 and/or Ginepro Nero by l'Erbolario

Thanks, I'll look into them.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
I can't find samples for them in Australia so would one of them be a safe blind buy as a black pepper frag that can perform and give me black pepper as the main note throughout the entire time its on my skin? Thanks.
Montale Intense Pepper IMO.

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
Amouage Honour Man also has a good dose of pepper in it as does Atelier Cologne’s pepper scent.

For me personally I have gone offer pure pepper scents due to the amount of ISO E Super used in them, but actually love them when blended in as part of the scent, such as in New York Intense.

DEMON

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2010

yes, it's like a combination of terre d'hermes and Marc Jacobs bang.

Beck

May 13, 2014
Try Poivre Samarcande, Burberry The Beat, Chic Men and to a certain extent, Déclaration/Déclaration Essence. Bang is indeed nice, but discontinued and hard to find.

sarmen2

Jul 25, 2020
Montale Intense Pepper IMO.
+1 for Intense Pepper then.
Amouage Honour Man also has a good dose of pepper in it as does Atelier Cologne’s pepper scent.

For me personally I have gone offer pure pepper scents due to the amount of ISO E Super used in them, but actually love them when blended in as part of the scent, such as in New York Intense.
Alright thanks I'll look into them.
Piper Nigrum by Villoresi
All the reviews make it out to be really minty though?

My first thought was Bang, but it's really not worth the asking price, now that it's discontinued.

I have a 5ml mini of Bang and its great but not worth the price these days.

Latest News