Can't find a lasting Brand.

sitrep

Apr 18, 2017
I would appreciate help. I have tried many colognes, including the parfume offerings. The only two that seem to last on me for 5 or 6 hours are original Aramis and Terre D Hermes. I have tried many of the most popular and expensive Brands. They all smell great and last a couple of hours.
Could someone tell me what other colognes/parfumes might produce a lasting effect for me like the two mentioned.

Thanks,

Carl Ward

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
Montale - fragrances
Mancera - fragrances
Ralph Lauren Polo (Green)
Dior Homme Parfum
Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2012
Creed Bois Du Portugal
Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme/EDP
Guerlain Heritage EDT/EDP
Lalique Encre Noir Sport - this is strong stuff.

You can also look into vintage fragrances if you find a trusted source since most used ingredients that are now banned but were the reason older fragrances had so much strength.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
I would appreciate help. I have tried many colognes, including the parfume offerings. The only two that seem to last on me for 5 or 6 hours are original Aramis and Terre D Hermes. I have tried many of the most popular and expensive Brands. They all smell great and last a couple of hours.
Could someone tell me what other colognes/parfumes might produce a lasting effect for me like the two mentioned.

Thanks,

Carl Ward

Most of the fragrances will stop "projecting" after a few hours. When people talk about "longevity", they include also the drydown when the fragrance has become a skin scent.
Even the "beats mode" fragrances are referred as such for their projection in the first 2-3 hours. Fragrances that projects well for 5-6 hours are rare in my experience, but also keep in mind that sometimes you may not smell them anymore because of olfactory fatigue. Try to spray on arm and chest, not in the neck.

seldomseen

Mar 23, 2018
Consider these accessible and affordable fragrance houses too:

Bond No.9
Paco Rabanne
Valentino
Amouage
Parfums De Marly

Sheik Yerbouti

oakmoss fiend
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2017
+1
Ralph Lauren Polo (Green)
Dior Homme Parfum
Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2012
Creed Bois Du Portugal
Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme/EDP

Also Mousse Illuminee by Rogue Perfumery has enormous projection and longevity

Blain

Mar 24, 2017
You have supplied us with very limited information about your situation.
* Make sure your skin is moisturized before applying your fragrance. Preferably with some type of unscented moisturizer.
* Make sure you're applying enough sprays given the type of scent you're using.
* Generally, applying some to clothing will give added performance.

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
The large majority of my collection lasts much longer than 5 or 6 hours. I don't know if it would be nose fatigue or maybe it's the scents themselves.

Strong ones for me are:
POLO
Creed Green Irish Tweed
Eau Sauvage Parfum
Dior Homme Intense
Gucci Guilty Absolute
Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme
K, by Dolce and Gabbana

P

piney

* Make sure your skin is moisturized before applying your fragrance. Preferably with some type of unscented moisturizer.

Great advice

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020

General response, but good information.

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Apart from the very good recommendations already mentioned, also adding some further brands with good performance while remaining unexpectedly affordable as well. in no particular order:

Bogart, Lapidus, Al Rehab, Al Haramain, Rasasi

Icemanbrfc

Mar 8, 2020
What you can also do is, take a small jar, and put some unscented moisturizer in. Spray a little of the fragrance you going to wear in it, and close the jar for a while.. Then apply that moisturizer, before applying fragrance to your skin.

What that does, it gives you a little extra bit all over your skin, and not only where you would normally apply.

Latest News