Implemented Can't delete private messages???

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Click on Leave to remove it.
That makes no sense to me.

So if you "leave" a conversation, the messages still exist but you are no longer privy to them?

Also the "unwatch" option from within a conversation makes no sense to me either.

Dammit, I've been trained all my life to file things and I want my folders back! :)

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
Yeah, delete is called leave, and I know that's weird.

The reasoning behind it is that if you are in a conversation with someone and press 'delete' some people might assume it deletes the conversation for everyone. But it only deletes from your view, hence you 'leave' the conversation rather than 'delete' it

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Yeah, delete is called leave, and I know that's weird.

The reasoning behind it is that if you are in a conversation with someone and press 'delete' some people might assume it deletes the conversation for everyone. But it only deletes from your view, hence you 'leave' the conversation rather than 'delete' it
But what if you want to actually delete a message you’ve posted to a conversation?

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
I think part of the issue is that if someone has conversation emails turned on (when email is working...), the recipient will get a copy of your message anyway, and if it is deleted, they will still be recieving a copy of it.

When you deleted a PM in vBulletin, it only deleted your copy of it, not the recipients

Latest News