Can anyone help me date my Portrait of a Lady FB?

pinklady

Basenotes Member
Jul 9, 2020
I suffered a temporary loss of smell due to Covid, and while I was unwell someone gave me a 30ml FB of Portrait of a Lady. The label says it is an 80% concentration and the code is A40, whatever that means. I don't have the box, the label is on the bottom of the bottle. My question is, does anyone know when this was made? And which reformulation it was? I know it has been reformulated, but my problem is that I cannot smell any rose at all in this scent! I think my nose is otherwise OK, because all my usual favourites smell just the same to me, plenty of rose and other notes. As a rose obsessive, I am disappointed this FB doesn't smell as I remember my older sample of this scent. It could be that my nose has not recovered fully yet, but could also be this particular version. Can anyone help? Many thanks!

LisaNJ7

Sep 6, 2021
I suffered a temporary loss of smell due to Covid, and while I was unwell someone gave me a 30ml FB of Portrait of a Lady. The label says it is an 80% concentration and the code is A40, whatever that means. I don't have the box, the label is on the bottom of the bottle. My question is, does anyone know when this was made? And which reformulation it was? I know it has been reformulated, but my problem is that I cannot smell any rose at all in this scent! I think my nose is otherwise OK, because all my usual favourites smell just the same to me, plenty of rose and other notes. As a rose obsessive, I am disappointed this FB doesn't smell as I remember my older sample of this scent. It could be that my nose has not recovered fully yet, but could also be this particular version. Can anyone help? Many thanks!
There is no way your POAL is anywhere near 80% concentration. At most it’s 25%. POAL wasn’t made in any other concentration but in edp. Which is 20-25%. No perfume is ever 80%, at most you’ll get 40% and that’s for a bespoke that’s gonna cost you a lot of money. But POAL doesn’t offer bespoke. So whoever told you it was 80% really told you a whopper of a lie.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
There is no way your POAL is anywhere near 80% concentration.

This is just a misunderstanding of what “80%” means on the label. It’s not perfume oil concentration, it’s alcohol content.

Stated alcohol content is sometimes a clue as to vintage. However, I don’t know what it tells us about PoaL.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...