Can a man wear Tom Ford Plum Japonais ?

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
It has a very woody background, so it's perfect for men as well. Besides, gourmand perfumes are now considered masculine.

cacio

gerbick

Jun 13, 2009
I'd say this leans way more masculine than a lot of other "faves" from this house. I've worn it, enjoy it... will have to add this back to my rotation sooner than later.

tonghpafu

Nov 23, 2011
I like it a lot as well. I don't find myself wearing it all that often but when I do wear it, I don't ever feel "feminine".

checker

Nov 28, 2004
Great scent and definitely more masculine imo. There is a hint of Amber absolute in this one with some cinammon...

Asha

Jan 15, 2008
Funny, because for some reason my perception of the TF private blend line is that it is universally masculine. I know that isn't really true, but I always approach each fragrance assuming it will tend to the masculine side...

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Sorry if I can't seem to sugarcoat any of this: If the labels put you off, don't wear it. If you feel it is masculine then it is. Or do do you always let other people do the thinking for you?

Last edited:

Paul H

Mar 28, 2015
I sprayed this one on pretty lavishly when I was at the Tom Ford counter and these women said, "I smell perfume and it is coming from that gentleman(moi)." I live in Seoul, South Korea where people are pretty linear in their assessments of what constitutes a masculine and feminine scent so please take this with a grain of salt. Otherwise, when travelling on business or for pleasure, I've found PJ to be a perfectly unisex fragrance. You can definitely wear this one as it does maintain a masculine air in my opinion. Wear what you like and not what you're told to by society's mores. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Wit_Siamese

Oct 4, 2011
Agree with everyone here.

It is neither macho, nor girly.

IMO PJ leans torward masuline so a man can wear it easily without growing a pairs of boobs.

Perfume has no gender, we can when whatever we like. I wear Vintage Mitsouko & sample a few Amouage for ladies.

FreshSmell

Aug 22, 2013
I own Plum Japonais, and I'd be darned if this wasn't in the top 3 from the private line ever. Totally gorgeous and its masculine. I enjoy wearing it with Italian Cypress and receive many compliments from every age group.

BRM85282

Mar 27, 2013
I wear it frequently, especially in the cool months. My wife is apathetic to it and thinks it smells good on me.

Uvalde

Apr 26, 2013
You should wear it if you like it and it works for you.

For me, it was clearly too feminine. I love the fragrance and would really love to smell it on a woman. Doesn't work for me.

Latest News