Cambodian oud initial review | Basenotes

Cambodian oud initial review

change1

Dec 27, 2010
Ok, I received a few samples of oud that I purchased from Agar Aura and will do a review on each one...one at a time...today I will do the Cambodian Calambac oud sample...

I get the barnyard smell that everyone is talking about...it's a very dark and a raw animalic scent...very smokey, leathery and woody...this is a similar scent that I smell in Amouage Epic Men... ok...so this is what oud smells like...

Last edited:

change1

Dec 27, 2010
I don't think Cambodian oud has much barnyard in it. You have to try an Indian oud to smell barnyard.

I have to check the other samples to see if there is an Indian oud?

Ok, now about 30 min has gone by...still very dark, animalic, leathery, woody, but now it's very smooth..the smell is just very smooth...i get a hint of medicinal note in the background, but not the sweet medicinal like M7... so far...so good...

AZsmells

Jul 11, 2004
He isn't selling any Indian oud currently. The other samples you got are different Borneo ouds. They are excellent and you will see how different they are from the Cambodian oud. He is getting a new batch of the Indian oud Purana which is excellent. I own 2 bottles of it already from a previous batch. I own maybe 10 different Indian ouds and this is my favorite.

I have to check the other samples to see if there is an Indian oud?

Ok, now about 30 min has gone by...still very dark, animalic, leathery, woody, but now it's very smooth..the smell is just very smooth...i get a hint of medicinal note in the background, but not the sweet medicinal like M7... so far...so good...

change1

Dec 27, 2010
I don't think I can wear this kind of scent to work...it's a little too weird for the office...I think most of the people at work will not like it...I personally find it a very mysterious scent...

AZsmells

Jul 11, 2004
I don't think I can wear this kind of scent to work...it's a little too weird for the office...I think most of the people at work will not like it...I personally find it a very mysterious scent...

I agree with you I don't wear oud to work. I like wearing them after work when I'm relaxing at home. Yeah the scent of oud is fascinating. Also on me the scent doesn't project very far so it is a very personal scent. Sometimes I put a drop on my wrist just so I can sniff it all day and no one gets offended. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the other samples you got.

change1

Dec 27, 2010
I agree with you I don't wear oud to work. I like wearing them after work when I'm relaxing at home. Yeah the scent of oud is fascinating. Also on me the scent doesn't project very far so it is a very personal scent. Sometimes I put a drop on my wrist just so I can sniff it all day and no one gets offended. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the other samples you got.

This Cambodian Calambac Oud really calms you down...it's just a very dark scent though...

Latest News