Not Planned By Default, Don’t Feature Any Badges Under Avatar

God

Dec 24, 2014
I think the badges are a cool new addition, but because everyone’s badges are featured by default under their avatar, the whole system has just turned into sensory image spam.

Instead, I think no badges should be featured until the user picks them using the megaphone. That way it is intentional and people who don’t care won’t be using it… so when I see a badge I know that the user has taken the effort to feature it so I should check it out! Also, I think it should be 3 featured badges instead of 4. Make people choose their top 3 (or maybe 5 with BN+).

Thanks.

Upvote 2

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I think the badges are a cool new addition, but because everyone’s badges are featured by default under their avatar, the whole system has just turned into sensory image spam.

Instead, I think no badges should be featured until the user picks them using the megaphone. That way it is intentional and people who don’t care won’t be using it… so when I see a badge I know that the user has taken the effort to feature it so I should check it out! Also, I think it should be 3 featured badges instead of 4. Make people choose their top 3 (or maybe 5 with BN+).

Thanks.

Also, most of my badges disappeared. Did I do something wrong that caused it to happen?

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012

Instead, I think no badges should be featured until the user picks them using the megaphone. That way it is intentional and people who don’t care won’t be using it… s

Couldn't agree more! Right now they're like visual litter.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011

Thanks.
I had the exact same problems. The basenotes robot is suppose to hand them out to users but I think it doesn't happen right away. It took me 12 hours or so to get mine from the initial log in of the new site.

Latest News