Buying a new cologne: Double Black, Bulgari, Armani Code, or Farenheit

1Sail0r

Apr 16, 2012
So I'm looking for a Cologne to replace my recently acquired Body Kouros. It didn't last long at all on me and didn't smell that great in my opinion, however one Cologne that does get me a lot of compliments in Chrome Azzaro.

So I'm looking for a cologne that that's a lot of compliments. If it helps I'm 20 years old and I'm in college, so looking for something to wear daily about..and I think I've narrowed it down to the ones in the title. What do you guys think?

BrianH1016

Jan 18, 2011
I was just about to recommend Aqva (if that was the Bvlgari you were considering). If you like true aquatic type scents, it's one of the best. I personally didn't care for Bvlgari Black. I'd also recommend Versace Pour Homme or Chanel Allure Homme Sport. They are very similar & work well for college age & can be used in all seasons.

kalli

Aug 29, 2011
Double Black or Code, can't go wrong with either:D.

I do love me the DB though. But either one, both smell really good!

1Sail0r

Apr 16, 2012
How is the longevity on the DB though?

And you guys that are recommending Bulgari, is it fetching you lots of compliments?

chrisbar1104

May 10, 2011
Bvlgari Black is the best from the house IMO, and a solid step above Aqva and Aqva Marine. However, I would suggest Fahrenheit above all from your suggested list.

UKisGR8

May 23, 2012
Polo Double Black or Armani Code. I'd go with Double Black because fewer people are wearing it.

gmm150

Nov 4, 2005
Code or Bulgari Aqua for your age.

I am a bit older so for me it would be Bulgari Black, Fahrenheit. While these are imo better than code or aqua, I believe for the age group you will be around, your peers will like Code or Aqua 100x better.

Sep 7, 2011
Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

&

welcome_animated.gif

Duke Hunt

Sep 17, 2010
I think the correct answer is none of the above! Spend a little more time reading the forum, you'll end up coming across something you never knew existed and that will set you apart from the crowd.

gmm150

Nov 4, 2005
Code or Bulgari Aqua for your age.

I am a bit older so for me it would be Bulgari Black, Fahrenheit. While these are imo better than code or aqua, I believe for the age group you will be around, your peers will like Code or Aqua 100x better.

JiveHippo

Jul 6, 2011
Hm I'm not sure I quite understand..how does one get this "vintage" Fahrenheit.

Step 1: Obtain DeLorean DMC-12
Step 2: Equip said vehicle with Flux Capacitor
Step 3: Set time circuits to 1988
Step 4: Accelerate to 88mph
Step 5: Purchase the original release Fahrenheit

J/k I'd go with Bvlgari Black anyways but sample first as it's a weird one.

Buzzlepuff

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 27, 2005
Of these the one I have worn the most is Fahrenheit. I like it.

Recommend Bulgari Pour Homme from Bulgari, but I prefer dry transparent scents like this and tea in general in fragrance. Bulgari Black is too hard to wear everyday - a special occasion scent. Fahrenheit will become disagreeable if it doesn't match your persona - you be the judge of that.

For a 20 yr old probably Double Black is a good choice - comforting, easy to enjoy, safe, nice transition from Chrome and it has a little warmth and mystery. Armani Code would be the choice if you want to smell clean, proper, buttoned up and freshly pressed. Nothing wrong with any of these.

WAKASHIZUMA

May 6, 2012
No one. Instead of them get A*Men for compliments and one of the greatests of all time as well.
Or Givenchy Play Intense, my new obsession.

protector

May 13, 2012
Hello 1Sail0r,

Since these are all frags that you can sample at the mall or at Perfumania, there is no need to blind buy, and therefore no need to refer to anyone else's opinion on which one is better...

paradigm

Oct 5, 2011
3.) Double Balck is an awesome scent, but dies by the time you grab your keys. Pass.
2.) Bulgari black...I would do Midnight in Paris instead. MIP is the same type of scent that is a little more modern, with a higher quality/less synthetic presence.
1.) Fahrenheit, Love it. Still modern, unique; and the Aqua and Absolute versions of Fahrenheit are great as well.

El Tiburon

Jul 13, 2009
I think the correct answer is none of the above! Spend a little more time reading the forum, you'll end up coming across something you never knew existed and that will set you apart from the crowd.

I agree, it is none of the above. DB and Code are evening fragrances for me - they are sweeter and heavier. I've used to wear Code and I don't see it as a casual fragrance. DB is mango and coffee- I don't like it, it's too generic and ordinary. It may get you compliments but then so would Scope mouth wash.

If you want something for the summer for every day try:

Nautica Voyage - very versatile acquatic;
Heeley - Sel Marin - very interesting acquatic with a great sea-weed note;
Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver - you can't find much like it, especially on a college campus;
Versace Eau Fraiche - it's a pretty decent citrus and apparently ladies love it;
Hermes - Voyage D'Hermes.
Dior Homme Sport - I get citrus and very faint leather.

Sniff around and don't settle for something generic or boring that a SA is trying to push on you because it is the best seller or "my favourite" or "the ladies love it" or "get you compliments".

Latest News