Burberry Hero

PotassiumSnow

Jun 13, 2021
Well,

I stopped in Dillard's to pick up a sample of Toy Boy and ended up also scoring a sample of Burberry Hero at Macy's. Currently wearing it right now and it is certainly not a projection beast but it's clean, a bit soapy and certainly woodsy. The juniper and bergamot really stands out to me along with a very mild cedar and soapy background going on. On dry down it almost smells like fresh cut soapy slab of cedar with a bit of peppery bite to it. I'm not really sure where to put this fragrance just yet. I like it but I don't, and I'm not sure if I like it enough to grab a bottle for longer testing. But it seems good scent for a 65 degree day while chilling at the beer gardens. Just one word of warning, you'd best like cedar and juniper a lot if you try this one. Such an odd fragrance.

Toy Boy is was I was afraid it was. A rose/floral arrangement bubblegum explosion. It's a projection beast so be careful if you do like it and wear it. Word of warning. If you do not like rose, do not attempt this fragrance, it is not blind buy safe. Honestly, I think this would have been better suited for 60+ crowds, and mainly blue haired old grandmothers going out to bingo night. Don't get my wrong, I think Moschino did a wonderful job with it, but it's certainly not manly. I've seen other reviews claiming "it's a masculine interpretation of Rose". It isn't.

PotassiumSnow

Jun 13, 2021
Just a bit of an update. Slept with the scent on and it's completely vanished from the skin. I cannot even tell, nor can my wife tell that I sprayed on a fragrance last night. This seems to be a very short lived scent that would need to be applied more than once during the course of the day/evening. Towards the end of the evening it stayed with a very synthetic cedar soapy scent. I'm not impressed and I don't see this one being very popular. Very poor longevity and mediocre sillage/projection. I think Burberry had a good idea here, but somewhere it went wrong.

Zgb

Jan 20, 2009
I find it to be in vein with D&G K and one other Burberry release - "Mr. Burberry". Nothing new or original. It's just an ok scent suited for beginners or those that just want an everyday non-offensive scent.

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
Why do houses waste their time on subpar releases, what is gained by this and why deteriorate the house image? It would make more sense to release quality fragrances and be more creative and listen to what people actually want (performance, longevity and quality fragrance). Each price range dictates a level of smell but what's the point if it goes on like water and your charging a high retail cost. I wasnt around for the old school classics age but do appreciate what fragrance was back then things lasted and were creative.

PotassiumSnow

Jun 13, 2021
It would make more sense to release quality fragrances and be more creative and listen to what people actually want (performance, longevity and quality fragrance).

This is where you are going to be forking out several Benjamin's for a fragrance unfortunately. Long gone are the days of walking into a department store and finding a unique designer fragrance for under a hundred bucks and it meets those three standards. This is why I am hesitant to even invest in anything at the moment without heavily testing it.

Jul 7, 2012
Why do houses waste their time on subpar releases, what is gained by this and why deteriorate the house image? It would make more sense to release quality fragrances and be more creative and listen to what people actually want (performance, longevity and quality fragrance). Each price range dictates a level of smell but what's the point if it goes on like water and your charging a high retail cost. I wasnt around for the old school classics age but do appreciate what fragrance was back then things lasted and were creative.

Perfumery is a business. Different businesses have different strategies for making money. Some houses, like Dior and especially Chanel, take a long term approach, which is also the approach I happen to respect. Other houses chase immediate dollars and barely look past the current calendar year. Gucci is an easy example. Gucci has shown time and time again that they're willing to throw away their history in exchange for immediate profit. Sadly, most people are short term thinkers.

Mikeaveli2682

Apr 18, 2018
I actually like Burberry Hero. I find it refreshing and somewhat similar in style to another scent I enjoy, Dior Homme (EDT) (2020). It doesn’t perform quite as well, and I prefer the Dior, but when the Burberry hits discounters I think it will be a nice choice for someone who enjoys modern, woody, and versatile scents. I definitely prefer it to Mr. Burberry, not that many here liked that one either.

Latest News