Bought my very first bottle of Fahrenheit!

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
It's hard to believe but yes it's my very first bottle. Ofcourse I remember first smelling it in the early nineties. When I became a fragrance junkie in '98 , I never really bought any Dior fragrances.
It was only a few years ago I realized that Dior are probably the best designer house when it comes to fragrances.
My batch starts with the number two so I imagine it's from this year. I'm wearing it now and I'm getting a lovely scent bubble as we speak. I imagine it will get stronger in time?? I was supposed to buy declaration by the way but it was sold out so I got Fahrenheit instead.
Are these latest batches of Fahrenheit good? Will we be doing the Fahrenheit Friday thing this week??

Danny Mitchell

Basenotes Institution
Mar 21, 2019
Foamy! Welcome to the club! Fahrenheit Friday never stops.

It has been a year or two since I've purchased a bottle but most of my stock is recent formulations and they last well beyond the day on me. Anywhere between 12 to 18 hours or so with the bottles I own. If it doesn't feel strong to you now, just give it some time...either your nose with adjust or the bottle will open up a bit. Or both. Enjoy!

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Having smelled both vintage and “fresh” versions over the years, I have to say that I like both. The petroleum accords of both are pleasing in their own ways. Vintage tends toward a darker, “oilier”, motor-like smell, whereas fresh stuff has a bright, sharp, fresh gasoline accord that reminds me of filling the tank or flooding a motorcycle engine. Ah, the simple pleasures in life!

1650307284304.png

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
Foamy! Welcome to the club! Fahrenheit Friday never stops.

It has been a year or two since I've purchased a bottle but most of my stock is recent formulations and they last well beyond the day on me. Anywhere between 12 to 18 hours or so with the bottles I own. If it doesn't feel strong to you now, just give it some time...either your nose with adjust or the bottle will open up a bit. Or both. Enjoy!
Thanks! Looking forward to wearing it on um Friday! Actually I'm wearing the very first three sprays right now and performance seems solid so that's a good thing. Dior homme intense seemed weaker when I first sprayed out of the bottle like most fragrances do at first. Dior keep their quality in check that's why I like them. (Hopefully).

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2012
Yes indeed, Fahrenheit is really good stuff. Fahrenheit smells different to me on different days. I mean, it always smells like "Fahrenheit," but on some days, I get a LOT of citrus from it, and on others, I get more florals. On some days, I get no musk at all. On others, it shows up a lot. I think the weather makes a big difference in terms of what I get from it.

By the way, don't miss out on Declaration. It's a gem too.

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
Yes indeed, Fahrenheit is really good stuff. Fahrenheit smells different to me on different days. I mean, it always smells like "Fahrenheit," but on some days, I get a LOT of citrus from it, and on others, I get more florals. On some days, I get no musk at all. On others, it shows up a lot. I think the weather makes a big difference in terms of what I get from it.

By the way, don't miss out on Declaration. It's a gem too.
Thanks! It smells great. It's still a brand new bottle so it needs to breathe a bit.
But so far I'm really pleased with the way it smells. I've become a Dior fanboy lately I suppose...I really like their fragrances and would like to get a bottle of Higher as well.

Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

Latest News

. .