Bought Mancera Cedrat Boise

Cologne231

Feb 19, 2019
Hello bought mancera cedrat boise batch 2020, it seems lil bit chemical and not long lasting. who has experience will it get strong after weeks or months ? and became more natural smelling ? thanks in advance .

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
Mancera is known for some kind of "chemical" smell.
That's how they do fragrances.

Cedrat Boisee should last at least 6 hours.

I've opened a new bottle of Aoud Lemon Mint a few weeks ago and also thought it was not that strong as I remembered it when I first sprayed it.
But last week I went with 6 sprays and finally choked me out a little bit because it was really strong and lasted over 8 hours easily lol

So don't worry - if it's authentic I think it should be fine.

OldSchoolScents

Jun 7, 2019
Cedrat Boise smells pretty chemically to me. The vanilla and fruity notes hit me as very synthetic smelling. Cedrat Boise is somewhat in the vain of Aventus, but its different enough that it is it's own thing. Goes more fruity and more vanillic than the batch of Aventus I've tried.

Performance wise its very strong for me, I use 4 sprays and get hit with strong wafts all day. I can usually smell it for 10+ hours, although it quiets down after 3-4. Maybe you're going anosmic to it?

In regards to it getting stronger over time, it certainly could. My experience with Milano Cento was that it was weak and soft when I first got it. I wore it twice and had little to no performance. I put it away in my closet and came back to it the following spring and it was like a completely different scent, much stronger and richer. Hopefully Cedrat Boise will do that for you

tinfoilhatdude

Jan 20, 2019
I have an older bottle, but it lasts 12 hours or more.
A strong scent trail would last at least several hours, and I am able to enjoy the fragrance all day at work.
It is one of the strongest modern bottles I have, as I'm not into Roja Dove or Areej La Dore. Those are stronger.
But this beats any modern Chanel hands down. Maybe my Dior Homme from 2016 has close performance, but not much else I can think of.

Also, I don't find much of a 'chemical' smell. In fact, this smells natural compared to BDC, DS, Y YSL, and the other headache inducing juices I smell billowing from the Dillard's counter.

Enjoy!

jkonick

Feb 16, 2019
It does smell synthetic, but to me Mancera/Montale are the apex of chemical perfumery. You know it’s all fake, but if it smells good, who cares?

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
It does smell synthetic, but to me Mancera/Montale are the apex of chemical perfumery. You know it’s all fake, but if it smells good, who cares?

Yes!
And I think - though it's a really synthetic smelling one - Instant Crush is a much better fragrance than BR540.
This stuff is insane - also regarding "compliments" lol :D

OldSchoolScents

Jun 7, 2019
so idk why is my mancera chemical and not long lasting. maybe it needs time .

The chemical smell just might be that you're not a huge fan of how synthetic it is. It's a very synthetic smell, but by no means a bad one. Give it time to macerate in the bottle and it may grow on you, although I wouldn't expect it to smell natural as no Mancera I've encountered to date really does. One last thing, did you buy it from a reputable source/trusted grey market vendor, because Mancera bottles are super easy to replicate. If it's an ebay purchase or something that came at a price that seemed too good to be true then there's a chance you've got a fake.

jkonick

Feb 16, 2019
The chemical smell level probably won’t decrease as others have said. Maybe there’s something in it that you’re anosmic to and can’t pick up? Given the synthetic nature of the beast, it might just be that you can’t pick it up very well. I’m hesitant to say maceration and time will help because that hasn’t been my experience with any Mancera frags.

Cologne231

Feb 19, 2019
tester that i sampled before buying lasted 14 hours(last 6 o r so as a skinn scent) but was more natural soft and creamy, mine that i bought is harsh and chemical and not long lasting(4-5 hours max), smell is very similar but more chemical and unpleasent in moments. maybe it needs time. thats why i asked if someone has the same experience with cedrat boise. or how long does it need to get more smooth and performing.

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
tester that i sampled before buying lasted 14 hours(last 6 o r so as a skinn scent) but was more natural soft and creamy, mine that i bought is harsh and chemical and not long lasting(4-5 hours max), smell is very similar but more chemical and unpleasent in moments. maybe it needs time. thats why i asked if someone has the same experience with cedrat boise. or how long does it need to get more smooth and performing.

Could also be a bad bottle it happens, try returning it for a new bottle.

Cologne231

Feb 19, 2019
Thanks for answers !! how long will it take to macerate mancera cedrat boise ? should i use it while i macerate it or just leave it alone ? and how long ? thanks in advance.

Cologne231

Feb 19, 2019
hello guys. i think that chemical is gone and fragrance becomes more smooth and creamy ? longevity is the same yet. is it miracle ? :D :D

Latest News