Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

Nov 19, 2015
what are ur thoughts on the scents ?

Since I sell them I try very hard at keeping my thoughts to myself as to not influence anyone one way or the other (I do slip up sometimes though). Fragrances are too personal and what I like or dislike may be way different than others, you know the drill...

With that said, I love everything Bortnikoff, even ones some people said they didn't, I'm so biased that I feel I would just be a marketing arm of Bortnikoff rather than a retailer. But of course, I love them :love:

Speedway

Basenotes Member
Apr 15, 2021
Terre is like sweets - Lemonheads to my nose (anyone remember those?). The opening is, yes, lemony but not offputtingly sharp - it may be the pear that's rounding off the edges. I also get something fresh/green/crisp in the opening. And it's nothing like the citrus in Dior Homme Cologne (old version) for example.

After a short time, what I guess (others will be more precise I'm sure) is the ambergris-musk-sandalwood rises up to create the "terre/ground" of the perfume. I kept thinking Dirty Lemon Cocktail. This is my favorite part of the fragrance; it's refreshing and animalic and keeps my nose to my wrist. Soon thereafter, though, the fragrance dials back - perhaps too far back for my liking. I can charitably say that it starts to haunt my skin after about an hour.

But hey, it's a cologne. That said, his Musk Cologne lasts a companionable 4-5 hours on me, so I'm somewhat surprised. I need to give Terre another go-'round. It certainly is interesting.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Terre is like sweets - Lemonheads to my nose (anyone remember those?). The opening is, yes, lemony but not offputtingly sharp - it may be the pear that's rounding off the edges. I also get something fresh/green/crisp in the opening. And it's nothing like the citrus in Dior Homme Cologne (old version) for example.

After a short time, what I guess (others will be more precise I'm sure) is the ambergris-musk-sandalwood rises up to create the "terre/ground" of the perfume. I kept thinking Dirty Lemon Cocktail. This is my favorite part of the fragrance; it's refreshing and animalic and keeps my nose to my wrist. Soon thereafter, though, the fragrance dials back - perhaps too far back for my liking. I can charitably say that it starts to haunt my skin after about an hour.

But hey, it's a cologne. That said, his Musk Cologne lasts a companionable 4-5 hours on me, so I'm somewhat surprised. I need to give Terre another go-'round. It certainly is interesting.

Yes very much agree was that sour sweet smell for me its like sour apple sweets more then lemon heads thats rounded off just enough to not be unpleasant for me , then after awhile I detect hints of beeswax as it proceeds into the earth bound combo of ambergris-musk and sandalwood as you say.

Speedway

Basenotes Member
Apr 15, 2021
regarding the longevity of the new Cologne de Terre versus others such as Musk Cologne, I just noticed that the former is an "extrait de cologne" (that's a new one for me) while the latter is an eau de parfum. I just sprayed on the Cologne de Feu. It's truly intoxicating. Please please let it last...

911LambMelb

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
regarding the longevity of the new Cologne de Terre versus others such as Musk Cologne, I just noticed that the former is an "extrait de cologne" (that's a new one for me) while the latter is an eau de parfum. I just sprayed on the Cologne de Feu. It's truly intoxicating. Please please let it last...
Cologne de Feu is wonderfully stunning. My package was lost (first time ever) but I finally have the colognes and will analyse them in the coming days.

Aug 26, 2022
Unfiltered oakmoss. Just shake a bit before use.
I did that and it immediately separated again. This feels too viscous to be unfiltered oakmoss based on the oakmoss absolute I already own and honestly seems like DPG but then if it was it shouldn’t separate. So I’m curious why it’s insoluble. I’ll get a picture here soon but I need another person to help me hold a light so I can take the photo.

Aug 26, 2022
Case solved thanks Jono!

I guess my philosophy here is that a finished product should be sold completely blended, devoid of separation and not needing any further action to wear or smell it properly. Especially at a premium price. In this case Dmitry sold a product that wasn’t blended properly and could have taken extra steps to ensure the product was fully blended. I don’t mind shaking the Attar for 5 minutes every time I want to wear it but it is annoying and avoidable. There’s parameters for the solubility of materials and since Dmitry isn’t worried about using synthetics he could’ve easily added additional solvents to blend the formula.

Last edited:

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...