Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

oudaddict

Feb 2, 2017
Ahhh maaaaan... if this is the case I'm bummed. For a line that started out with so much promise and so many hits, the last year has not been promising. I used to blind buy this house but I can't do that anymore. I suppose that's for the best.

I know the feeling bro.

FragSyndrome

Sep 14, 2016
I was going to give Lao Oud another wear today but I honestly don't want to. I sprayed it again last night and am thoroughly disappointed in it. It is literally Oud Monarch with a different oud in it. While I'm not a fan of Oud Monarch I can say that if you want a 'good' flanker to Oud Monarch, Oud Sinharaja is a vastly superior composition to chose.

Oud Dude

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 22, 2018
I was going to give Lao Oud another wear today but I honestly don't want to. I sprayed it again last night and am thoroughly disappointed in it. It is literally Oud Monarch with a different oud in it. While I'm not a fan of Oud Monarch I can say that if you want a 'good' flanker to Oud Monarch, Oud Sinharaja is a vastly superior composition to chose.

Sinharaja is a great perfume. An oud that somehow manages to be a great warm weather wear! Not nearly as complex as something like Maximus or even Mysterious Oud but just a really solid overall release.

Aug 22, 2021
Went in deep today with this discovery set. Bortnikoff was kind enough to include three others as well.

IMG_4588.jpg

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

I shall try them in the following order as recommended by @Diamondflame
  • Musk Cologne
  • Oud Sinharaja

Wish me luck!

Aug 22, 2021
Today I learnt what animalic means.

Two sprays of Lao Oud gave off a pretty powerful animalic note, it is really present but it seems to be balanced enough with the honey. If it were any stronger, I'd be put off by the oud.

Aug 22, 2021
Sample sprayed Triad today. Realistic rose and ever so slight animalic oud. First sample to last a whopping 12 hours and more on my skin.

Smell seems more suited for a mature gentleman though, will pass on this one.

Aug 22, 2021
Giving my new sample a go, and this seems to be the most friendly composition from Gardoni that I've smelled. Not sure how anyone familiar with Gardoni's work could see this as unwearable. So far its not the roller coaster that MEM is, but then again, what is? I'm loving it, and see it as an unconventional barber shop frag with that "glow" that makes his creations stand out.

I'm fascinated by the polar opposite opinions on Musk Khabib; its either a masterpiece or a scrubber. I honestly find it to be so-so relative to his other creations. For instance, I much prefer Musk Cologne and Oud Siracha, both of which have similarities, but I don't find it to be disgusting at all. Love hearing everyone's opinions!

Pardon the bump but trying Musk Khabib today, I thought it was strong on the first spray, then it disappeared about 3-4 hours later. It is smooth and yummy on my shirt still though. I think Musk Khabib is not for me.

Quite agree with Musk Cologne and Oud Siracha, the former being more fruity and the latter being more airy and floral. Either one might be full bottle worthy when I'm done with the discovery set.

Aug 22, 2021
By the way guys, if you buy samples direct, you'd get a discount code for your next purchase.

image.png

zerofox

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 31, 2020
Luckyscent has an incredible bundle right now. $290 Sans Fleurs 50 ml + Musk Khabib attar 3 ml. Remember to use the free ship code, gift with purchase code, or if you have a valid influencer code, plus standard sample request allowed per order. I feel like I have enough Bortnikoff otherwise I would be all over this. Inventory currently at 11 at the time of post.

JonoBorneo

Jan 30, 2019
Luckyscent has an incredible bundle right now. $290 Sans Fleurs 50 ml + Musk Khabib attar 3 ml. Remember to use the free ship code, gift with purchase code, or if you have a valid influencer code, plus standard sample request allowed per order. I feel like I have enough Bortnikoff otherwise I would be all over this. Inventory currently at 11 at the time of post.
Do you have an influencer code you would like to share?

Fragnanimous

Nov 19, 2015
Check out my site for the same deal but only better because when you buy and $350+ Bortnikoff fragrance you can choose any Bortnikoff Attar I have in stock! The discount is in the cart once you choose the fragrances. Everything ships free and full bottles are shipped Priority, no codes needed.

Last edited:

zerofox

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 31, 2020
I did see the bonus attar but did not see the pricing discount for the full bottle in the cart (it was still $350 vs. $290 Luckyscent). Luckyscent also has codes for free gift with purchase, so that is sometimes better than free standard shipping ($8). But... still good to know you are an authorized reseller as well as long term BN member.

Fragnanimous

Nov 19, 2015
I did see the bonus attar but did not see the pricing discount for the full bottle in the cart (it was still $350 vs. $290 Luckyscent). Luckyscent also has codes for free gift with purchase, so that is sometimes better than free standard shipping ($8). But... still good to know you are an authorized reseller as well as long term BN member.
Any of the $350+ fragrances are eligible to receive the free Attar, sorry I didn't make that clear.
I'll see if I can match that price on Sans Fleurs since Dmitry disallows any discounts. If I can't I'll give your a credit of $60 towards any fragrance in the store except ALD and Bortnikoff.

Last edited:

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
If you enjoy dusty cocoa - then select Monarch, if you want vanilla and qpricots - go for sayat.
I personally would take sayat, but not because its better objectively, because i didnt like dusty sparkly cocoa.

911LambMelb

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Oud Monarch for me over Sayat Nova. Both extremely well blended by Dmitry and very pleasant.

Moss Cologne is so good. Originally people didn't like it however I found it to be the best of the cologne releases along with Amber and Musk. It is a genuine Oakmoss scent and one of the absolute best there is.

Lao Oud is good. I personally don't find it like Oud Monarch. It has a familiar tone to other Bortnikoff oud releases, given the number we've had, there is some overlap.

Aug 22, 2021
If you enjoy dusty cocoa - then select Monarch, if you want vanilla and qpricots - go for sayat.
I personally would take sayat, but not because its better objectively, because i didnt like dusty sparkly cocoa.
Mak-7’s descriptions are good. You can’t go wrong with either IMO. That said, Sayat Nova is a proper gourmand in my book, and I’m in the mood for those less often. For that reason, I’d steer you in the direction of Oud Monarch if I had to pick one.
Personally, I much prefer Sayat Nova for the same reason as Mak-7.
Oud Monarch for me over Sayat Nova. Both extremely well blended by Dmitry and very pleasant.

Moss Cologne is so good. Originally people didn't like it however I found it to be the best of the cologne releases along with Amber and Musk. It is a genuine Oakmoss scent and one of the absolute best there is.

Lao Oud is good. I personally don't find it like Oud Monarch. It has a familiar tone to other Bortnikoff oud releases, given the number we've had, there is some overlap.

Thank you all for sharing. I quite agree that Sayat is gourmand which reminds me of By Kilian Angels' Share though I do find it leaning more towards the feminine side. Hence, the easier reach would indeed be Oud Monarch which is beautifully blended.

@911LambMelb Lao Oud is different from Oud Monarch for sure. I have yet to try Moss Cologne, hope Dimitry includes a sample when I purchase a bottle from him.

Some eye candy for ya'll. Have a good day!

2.jpg

Oct 12, 2021
Oud Monarch vs Sayat Nova

Which would you guys choose?
Oud Monarch is amazing! It's sweet, but not too sweet. Even non-oud people love it.

I have Oud Monarch, Musk Khabib, and Triad. The first two are my favorites.

I also received 9ml of Tabac Doré. The opening is mind-blowing, but unfortunately the dry down is totally different (making it not worth the asking price in my opinion).

But get Oud Monarch, you will love it

wood&leather

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 27, 2018

Enjoyed Moss Cologne as well but found the performance fleeting.

Aug 22, 2021
Oud Monarch is amazing! It's sweet, but not too sweet. Even non-oud people love it.

I have Oud Monarch, Musk Khabib, and Triad. The first two are my favorites.

I also received 9ml of Tabac Doré. The opening is mind-blowing, but unfortunately the dry down is totally different (making it not worth the asking price in my opinion).

But get Oud Monarch, you will love it
OK!

Musk Khabib is too heavy on musk for me and Triad is too heavy on rose and oud for me.

Apr 15, 2021
Lao Oud: I got a sample with a recent purchase. Oud Maximus is the only other Oud that I’ve tried from this house

Have worn it a few times, and the opening blast of Lao Oud makes me exclaim “holy s%#!” each time ( for more than one reason).

Five or so minutes in, you leave the barn and enter a floral gourmand zone. But the Oud is there too. I love it. But the opening note almost needs a warning label 😀

Latest News