• Both

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Jridgen

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 22, 2010
I have a FB of L'humaniste and am really enjoying it. Just got a sample of Still Life in as I've heard it compared to L'Humaniste. What one do you like better and why? What do you think of them in general?

Jridgen

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 22, 2010
After wearing Still Life for the day:

Getting rum with still life, and gin with L'Humaniste. Still life is a bit thicker/heavier and actually reminds me of a cross between L'Humaniste and Speakeasy by Frapin, which is also a little heavier booze. The other difference I see is that Still Life is a little greener/more herbal than L'Humaniste. I am liking these kinds of fragrances lately so more comparisons to come.

That Guy

Feb 26, 2014
I'm considering buying a sample/bottle of one of these fragrances.

Does anyone else want to share their opinion?

I'm mainly concerned with the longevity comparisons. I've heard L'Humaniste has terrible longevity, so I want to see how Still Life does in this deparment.

Jridgen

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 22, 2010
Since creating the poll L'humaniste has remained one of my top 10 favorite fragrances of all time, and Still Life is just okay IMHO. I get okay longevity with L'humaniste and spray clothes a bit.

silentrich

Basenotes Dependent
May 27, 2009
L'Humaniste is nice, but the projection and longevity is that of an EdC on my skin. Still Life solves these two problems with L'Humaniste, but I don't find it similar to L'Humaniste. I'd buy a bottle of L'Humaniste if they would offer it in a 5+ oz bottle for the same price.

Last edited:

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...