Bond no.9 has re-released New Haarlem

bigtyivier2k2

Basenotes Dependent
May 7, 2011
I wad at Bloomingdales yesterday and noticed Bond re released this classic. I didnt end up getting a bottle tho (which I might regret) as it reminds me of Replica’s By The Fireplace which I have and love

Andyjreid

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 27, 2008
I'm ambivalent about the Bond No. 9 House because of some of their reputed business practices so I'd look elsewhere. I've been eyeing the newest gourmand coffee scent by Kerosene - Followed (successor to Follow).

Hey, don't mean to hijack this thread but I just got a sample of Followed in the mail today. As soon as I opened the envelope I could smell it over the other fragrance samples on there. The Caramel is strong in this one.

After a spray, holy smokes! It's like Follow on steroids with the feeling like its dripping with a toasty Salted Caramel note. I sprayed it on some paper to try it, it blew my head off and my wife smelled it in another room.

Far too strong and sweet for my tastes so I'll be sticking with Follow but it might be right up your street.

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 2, 2009
I'm waiting for them to re-release Riverside Drive. I will but that instantly. Been waiting for years.
Riverside Drive is the only one I own, though I always kind of liked Bleeker Street, too.

New Haarlem always struck me as too much like the smell of coffee. I know it has lots of fans, but every time I tested it I thought it smelled like I'd spilled coffee on myself. Not really a scent I want to live with.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Hey, don't mean to hijack this thread but I just got a sample of Followed in the mail today. As soon as I opened the envelope I could smell it over the other fragrance samples on there. The Caramel is strong in this one.

After a spray, holy smokes! It's like Follow on steroids with the feeling like its dripping with a toasty Salted Caramel note. I sprayed it on some paper to try it, it blew my head off and my wife smelled it in another room.

Far too strong and sweet for my tastes so I'll be sticking with Follow but it might be right up your street.
So... I just pulled the trigger and blind bought Followed. Based on my heavy wearing of Unknown Pleasures and Winter of 99, I'm sure I'll love it!

dougczar

Basenotes Institution
Mar 3, 2012
I have plenty (perhaps too much) of the original... DIdn't realize it had been discontinuted. Glad to hear it is back - I also wonder how it compares to the original stuff.

Sweetstench408

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 9, 2014
I sprayed the new formulation from a sample on one hand and the original bottle I have in the other. They smell almost identical except the new version is more wearable. It's slightly turned down. Not by a lot but it's smoothed out. It's lighter on the syrup smell. My wife couldn't tell the difference. Can't speak for longevity just smell.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...