Bois Imperial by Essential Parfums (Quentin Bisch)

Effortless

Basenotes Member
Jan 11, 2022
I have worn this a bit now, and unfortunately I have not had the postive reactions I would have liked. A couple of people moved seats on the train one morning and a couple of friends have commented its too strong. While it has a very alluring backbone, the peppery vetiver overlaying the alluring trail can be offputting.

On occasion it's too strong for me as well. What I've found really helps with Bois Impérial is applying sprays from a lot further away, never letting it pool together on your skin. Made it much more pleasant and tolerable on me most days.

Diddy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 14, 2015
Received my 10ml from Luckyscent today. Not a bad fragrance. Presents to me like the perfumer was taking cues from Bleecker Street or RL Purple Label, then tried to make that style his own. Those two or better. I’m only 30 minutes into the experience, which is on paper, so I can’t speak to longevity or performance on skin. At this point I get peppery vetiver with synth woods over a chemical something base. The vetiver note is the most natural smelling part to my pedestrian nose, and it sits in the background. Likely fine for an office scent if using 1 spray. FWIW, Mrs. Diddy said, “It’s ok.” That’s not necessarily a bad reaction from her either, but it also didn’t wow her which is about where I’m at… pleasant but not wowing me. Perhaps that’s also because I know you can use even less expensive fragrances than everything mentioned in this post to do a similar thing. I’ll update down the road after I give it a proper wearing.

ToughCool

More Cool Than Tough
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008
I have worn this a bit now, and unfortunately I have not had the postive reactions I would have liked. A couple of people moved seats on the train one morning and a couple of friends have commented its too strong. While it has a very alluring backbone, the peppery vetiver overlaying the alluring trail can be offputting.
I had one compliment I spoke of in the compliment thread but I feel like you in many ways where I’m very self conscious wearing it. I spent some time with it wearing it over weeks and it still feels “incomplete” to me. As I stated before you have the overwhelming peppery/Vetiver bug spray type accord and I literally just wait for it to then round into a sweetness or something else like Spicebomb or HdP 1899…but it never does. It’s like a novel that gets right to the climax and then just ends. Even when I sniff the sprayer I think I’ll one day get something that’s missing but it never comes. Incomplete

kelvon

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 26, 2008

It is stronger then I realized and now I do no more then 2 sprays, and it lasts all day. It could be too many sprays? I have not had any negative reaction so far

pouring

Basenotes Dependent
May 22, 2013
Wearing it tonight after a break.

I’m in my third bottle - so it’s not like this is a scent that does not appeal to me. However o have come to conclusion it is too much .

It becomes nauseating after a couple of hours to my nose now

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...