Bogue profumo / Antonio Gardoni consolidated thread

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
That stinks. I thought they were done doing that a week ago or so. There must still be spots in Strifeknots split, get on it, until bottles might become available second hand.
it makes a bit of sense I believe practically all of them were booked ahead of time either though Antonio or via lucky scent so those that got in through when it was on site for awhile were most likely going to get canned sooner or later sadly :(

DonBos

Jul 21, 2016
I’ve been wearing it for a out an hour, and I agree that is full of twists and turns. Really hard to give a 1st impression, but this feels like a very deep-woody chypre. I grew up surrounded by Oak trees, and I definitely think I can pick out the Oak in here. Citrusy, green, floral, extremely resinous. Slightly mentholated. Rose oxide is there as well. And the juice is a beautiful dark color.

I was lucky enough to get bottle 62/66, the cheaper 50ml bottle.

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
I’ve been wearing it for a out an hour, and I agree that is full of twists and turns. Really hard to give a 1st impression, but this feels like a very deep-woody chypre. I grew up surrounded by Oak trees, and I definitely think I can pick out the Oak in here. Citrusy, green, floral, extremely resinous. Slightly mentholated. Rose oxide is there as well. And the juice is a beautiful dark color.

That sounds delightful! I can't wait - mine should be here in the next hour or so.

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019

Do you like, love or indifferent to this juice as an overall composition and smell, not taking into account the "twist and turns" part?

Shadowartisttxl

Mar 25, 2016
Shapeshifting is good thing in my books.
Is the smell more green? More flowery? Old school, new school?
How smoky it is?
Not really very smoky.
Some stages are green, some are flowery.
It has points that smell similar to some older works, and at some points some newer ones.. So hard to say if it's old or new.
It smells like an ode to Bogue in a way that incorporates a lot of elements from the whole history.
But again, I have only worn it once so I would take these words with a very small grain of salt. Especially for something that's this complex and shapeshifting.
I hope that helps, friend.

Last edited:

DonBos

Jul 21, 2016
Do you like, love or indifferent to this juice as an overall composition and smell, not taking into account the "twist and tur
Do you like, love or indifferent to this juice as an overall composition and smell, not taking into account the "twist and turns" part?
Great question, and I would say it’s a love.
The opening I get a mentholated citrus reminiscent of OE. I get that fantastic jasmine from mem, the mossy resinous qualities of Maai, and the far dry down has some of that minty creaminess of doluer. On top of all that, some insanely beautiful white florals peaking in and out and a ton of woods.

If Heritage was Guerlain taking pieces of all of their classics, I would say this is kind of similar, while being it’s own at the same time. I think a lot of hardcore Gardoni fans will enjoy it.

Shadowartisttxl

Mar 25, 2016
Thank you guys :)
Would you say it could be considered as a male counterpart to maai, or is AG less so of a chypre?
I wouldn't call it a counterpart to maai. But as for classifying it, you might need a whole new classification system. Maybe call it a 'tome' fragrance, in that one might see it as a large, heavy book of bogue history, whose pages are overflowing with abundant joy.

DonBos

Jul 21, 2016
Thank you guys :)
Would you say it could be considered as a male counterpart to maai, or is AG less so of a chypre?
I wouldn’t say it’s a male counterpart, as even though this is woodier imo, the white florals play a big role. I think its 100% wearable by anyone while maintaining a chypre structure
But I never saw Maai is being feminine at all so you might want to take my opinion with a grain of salt

Okumichi

Jul 2, 2020
Received my 50ml bottle just now, can't tell if it's bottle 1/66 or 7/66. Excited to wear it in a day or two! Could smell it outside the box and it almost smelt a little peppery in a way, mentholated as DonBos commented.

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
My 50ml bottle was shipped today from Perfume Lounge. Can't wait to try it!
Haven't seen any mention of it in the thread, but I'm hoping for there to be a bit of a animalic presence in the scent as well.
It's a very "high on florals" chypre with some animalic undertones that resemble works like Mem and Maai, more so Mem than Maai from my wear yesterday.

It's very intoxicanting as well, on the 07738 side. I hope you love it, dude. It's an ode to Antonio's growth as a perfumer for sure. Like some have mentioned, it's truly a "jack of all Bogue" when it comes to a description.

I'm Nic

Apr 4, 2014
It's a very "high on florals" chypre with some animalic undertones that resemble works like Mem and Maai, more so Mem than Maai from my wear yesterday.

It's very intoxicanting as well, on the 07738 side. I hope you love it, dude. It's an ode to Antonio's growth as a perfumer for sure. Like some have mentioned, it's truly a "jack of all Bogue" when it comes to a description.
Chypres is my favorite genre, and I love both MEM and MAAI. Sounds like it should be right up my alley. 😊

Proust_Madeleine

Apr 5, 2019
Just got my bottle. Definitely reminds me of 07738 & Noun right from the jump. I can see some O/E citrus and a bit of Douleur! in the base for sure. Smells way different up close vs in the air. Very interesting stuff.

Edit: also getting different stuff in different spots that I’ve sprayed it! Temperature must really play a part in this one. Getting some I love YY too.

DonBos

Jul 21, 2016
Just got my bottle. Definitely reminds me of 07738 & Noun right from the jump. I can see some O/E citrus and a bit of Douleur! in the base for sure. Smells way different up close vs in the air. Very interesting stuff.

Edit: also getting different stuff in different spots that I’ve sprayed it! Temperature must really play a part in this one. Getting some I love YY too.
I never tried noun or 07738, I’m curious as to what reminds you of them in AG

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020

Dude - glad to read you get some 07738. It's my favorite Bogue alongside Gardelia and I get some vibes as well which I am loving!

I'm going to try Noun side by side as well.

I made a mistake with a comment by double quoting and can't delete it... sorry!

pants

Dec 21, 2013
i received my package yesterday (No 22/33) for the 100ml bottle of AG. let it rest overnight to come to room temperature & am giving it a full wear tonight. describing it as a study in antonio's oeuvre is perfect. it reminds me quite a bit of 07738 but with some jujj on the back side. dense, herbal, dark, peppery, somewhat camphorous. the white florals are more noteable after 30 minutes. i'm only 1 hour into the wear. it is really pretty fantastic. antonio's presentation is beyond compare. i did not intend on buying the more expensive version, but am very glad to have this in my collection. it's pretty spectacular.

tweaks

Jan 12, 2017
antonio's presentation is beyond compare. i did not intend on buying the more expensive version, but am very glad to have this in my collection. it's pretty spectacular.

Well said. The skill and creativity that went into the entire presentation is something to behold.

Oud Dude

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 22, 2018
Also…if you missed out on this I wouldn’t be too upset. It’s great, extremely complex, but at the same time it’s like a Bogue history session in a bottle. Hope this helps.
That's interesting and it's something I've also said to others after I managed to score a bottle of Oooh- As good as Oooh is, people who didn't get one could rest easy in that it's got enough facets from other AG's that one needn't feel like they missed on a grail or anything. Maybe AG is similar in that sense?

pants

Dec 21, 2013
That's interesting and it's something I've also said to others after I managed to score a bottle of Oooh- As good as Oooh is, people who didn't get one could rest easy in that it's got enough facets from other AG's that one needn't feel like they missed on a grail or anything. Maybe AG is similar in that sense?
That's a good way of putting it. After having worn it a couple of days in a row, it's the best of Antonio's best work wrapped up into one fragrance. It is a shape shifter but maintains his DNA throughout.

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Any other feedback?
Any members got their bottles yet?

Also, how is the bespoke project going?
Might be Bogue overdose if we get this release before year end 💣

Latest News