Bogue profumo / Antonio Gardoni consolidated thread

strifeknot

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 28, 2008
Ecuacion Natural surprisingly has two of the 100ml bottles remaining. Anyone worried about Bloom and Lucky Scent running out quickly once they post their allotments for sale (they will) may want to take advantage.

AOUD

Jun 2, 2019
Does anyone have any more thoughts about different versions of MEM? Long story short, I have a bottle coming after smelling it on a scent strip at Scent Bar NYC. Between these two things, I also got a small daub sample in the mail as part of a sample haul. The scent strip dried down to a gorgeous civet/lavender that's very fougere-y and gorgeous. I still have it. The daub sample, on the other hand, is bordering on too sweet for me and is SO fruity, almost like a hand lotion take on Jubilation XXV. I don't know if I would wear this all that often... :(

Paddington

Jun 17, 2021
AG- shipping delayed should hit stores by the end of the week form the bogue insta story,

@AUOD mem can be quite a shapeshifter for some, though I got a tropical fruity jammy vibe from it before

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
Does anyone have any more thoughts about different versions of MEM? Long story short, I have a bottle coming after smelling it on a scent strip at Scent Bar NYC. Between these two things, I also got a small daub sample in the mail as part of a sample haul. The scent strip dried down to a gorgeous civet/lavender that's very fougere-y and gorgeous. I still have it. The daub sample, on the other hand, is bordering on too sweet for me and is SO fruity, almost like a hand lotion take on Jubilation XXV. I don't know if I would wear this all that often... :(
Yep. You are not alone here. I first tried MEM from a sample and waited a year to purchase a bottle. Had the same experience as you. The newer one was sweeter and fruitier. However, I am very much aware of oxidation and maceration so I gave it some time. After air started to get inside the bottle, and after several months, a good amount of the sweetness and fruitiness went away, and now it is slowly becoming what I had experienced at first from the sample. It happens all the time with perfume, especially with these that use higher amounts of natural ingredients. Patience. Put a dent in it. It will allow oxygen to do its magic.

AOUD

Jun 2, 2019
Yep. You are not alone here. I first tried MEM from a sample and waited a year to purchase a bottle. Had the same experience as you. The newer one was sweeter and fruitier. However, I am very much aware of oxidation and maceration so I gave it some time. After air started to get inside the bottle, and after several months, a good amount of the sweetness and fruitiness went away, and now it is slowly becoming what I had experienced at first from the sample. It happens all the time with perfume, especially with these that use higher amounts of natural ingredients. Patience. Put a dent in it. It will allow oxygen to do its magic.
This is reassuring. I try to keep my full bottle collection to 3-4 fragrances only and the steep price of MEM had me worried that I had made a mistake in my purchase. I had also read Proust's comments earlier about their 2nd bottle being sweeter and fruitier too. I will make a dent, let it bloom, and see if it can bring out some of these other notes. I am really hoping that the civet can develop because I like skank.

thrilledchilled

All Is Beautiful
Basenotes Plus
Nov 17, 2018
This is reassuring. I try to keep my full bottle collection to 3-4 fragrances only and the steep price of MEM had me worried that I had made a mistake in my purchase. I had also read Proust's comments earlier about their 2nd bottle being sweeter and fruitier too. I will make a dent, let it bloom, and see if it can bring out some of these other notes. I am really hoping that the civet can develop because I like skank.

i think you will end up loving Mem.

AOUD

Jun 2, 2019
So I wrote the other half of my sample (I got 1ml and split it into two wearings). This time around the day wasn't as hot and I also went out in the city about an hour and a half into wearing it. It was much more pleasant and a lot less sweet. I'm guessing its the ethyl maltol I'm not liking? I also burn benzoin as incense on occasion but don't like it all that much because it too can get a bit too sweet in a very particular way (as opposed to Yemeni incense, which I love and is literally made with tons of raw sugar).

Anyways, I also enjoyed it for parts and felt like it was present and gentle. It ended up drying down sweetly again but I got more of the "coffee" I've seen some people note, although I think its a little closer to cocoa. It smelled absolutely complex, of course, and classy. I still go back to Jubilation XXV, for some reason, except JXXV gets very musky, in a louder way in the dry down, and the opening notes are a little more "exquisite," guided by incense, whereas I get a lot of herbal, kind of raw, and exhilarating notes in MEM's opening.

Latest News