Bogue profumo / Antonio Gardoni consolidated thread

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
If I recall correctly, it's 66 + 33 bottles for the new project.

I suspect the 33 include the handkerchief he posted on instagram. Another fight on LS coming soon.

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
Right, thanks guys :)
10 year anniversary is a big event. Ill see if i can get the 50 ml one
What do you think of the composition? I'll be honest, it looks kinda bland to me. I was so excited for this release, but now I don't know. I'm sure he used the best ingredients, and I also know Antonio is very talented and capable of doing some great stuff, but looking over the notes, it looks kinda boring and generic woody-floral perfume. I think some of his previous releases, as well for Bogue and for other brands, were pushing the envelope a bit more. This one seems kinda boring. I really don't know. I'll try and maybe get a sample. So far I enjoyed his work.

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
What do you think of the composition? I'll be honest, it looks kinda bland to me. I was so excited for this release, but now I don't know. I'm sure he used the best ingredients, and I also know Antonio is very talented and capable of doing some great stuff, but looking over the notes, it looks kinda boring and generic woody-floral perfume. I think some of his previous releases, as well for Bogue and for other brands, were pushing the envelope a bit more. This one seems kinda boring. I really don't know. I'll try and maybe get a sample. So far I enjoyed his work.
Its always a guessing game with him to be honest, because he can have any notes but results are not what i expect.
I do hope for a male counterpart of Maai, but it might as well turn into something thats MeM and Oooh style which i am not too fond of. The only thing i wish for is no weird notes or start like in Lita, definitely disliked that one.
What is a bit reassuring is his green start and mossy woody drydown with amber, which should give a frag darker tones ala old school chypres. Thats why i am paying attention to this one

Ashfaque

Jul 27, 2017
I like the fact that Antonio does not share any exhaustive notelist. For example, O/E surprised me the most. It is a relatively simple composition to my nose and yet so beautiful and mutli-faceted. I especially like it's geosmine-like quality that reminds me of some fantastic Malaysian, Filipino and Indonesian & Sri Lankan green oud oils. For me, anything smelling similar to ouds is a big plus!

AG is like woods, resins & balsams hiding the florals - all within a fog (summerising from what I heard from the man himself). I've pre-booked a 50 ml (300 Euros) bottle of AG. I was very tempted to get the 100ml (900 Euros). But thankfully the price was too high to be flippant. 😁

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
I like the fact that Antonio does not share any exhaustive notelist. For example, O/E surprised me the most. It is a relatively simple composition to my nose and yet so beautiful and mutli-faceted. I especially like it's geosmine-like quality that reminds me of some fantastic Malaysian, Filipino and Indonesian & Sri Lankan green oud oils. For me, anything smelling similar to ouds is a big plus!

AG is like woods, resins & balsams hiding the florals - all within a fog (summerising from what I heard from the man himself). I've pre-booked a 50 ml (300 Euros) bottle of AG. I was very tempted to get the 100ml (900 Euros). But thankfully the price was too high to be flippant. 😁
yeh i see it being something like this but all we be told once in hand, pre booked the 100ml and im just counting the days at this point

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
I find beauty in simplicity most of the time. I love Antonio’s work and don’t mind his approach here or with older stuff.

I own bottles that are full of different accords and 40 ingredients and are mediocre IMO, cough Roja… or full of natural ingredients that come up short of expectations.

I pre-ordered bottle #13 a few weeks ago and can’t wait for it to be delivered.

JonoBorneo

Jan 30, 2019
When you think about the value of the arts and crafts edition....not only are you getting 110ml’s of perfume, but also a full on work of art sculpture as well as an embroidery. I have to give props to Antonio here, for putting out a masterful work of art of a release.

The only other recent release I can think which includes handmade works of art like this are the sandalwood caps Areej put out with Santal Galore....but this...is a whole new level of artistry.

Releasing impeccable presentations is not easy to do, as I’ve learned from first hand experience. I don’t know what AG smells like yet, but I have to give my complete respect to Antonio for dreaming up this presentation.

900 euros is a lot of money, but it’s not overpriced at all IMO.

I’m curious to hear everyone’s thoughts when they smell what’s inside.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
When you think about the value of the arts and crafts edition....not only are you getting 110ml’s of perfume, but also a full on work of art sculpture as well as an embroidery. I have to give props to Antonio here, for putting out a masterful work of art of a release.

The only other recent release I can think which includes handmade works of art like this are the sandalwood caps Areej put out with Santal Galore....but this...is a whole new level of artistry.

Releasing impeccable presentations is not easy to do, as I’ve learned from first hand experience. I don’t know what AG smells like yet, but I have to give my complete respect to Antonio for dreaming up this presentation.

900 euros is a lot of money, but it’s not overpriced at all IMO.

I’m curious to hear everyone’s thoughts when they smell what’s inside.
my thoughts exactly worth every penny imo and a lot of work put in

Shadowartisttxl

Mar 25, 2016
I own some rare Bogues but decided to stay off the train this time. No matter what, I'm sure this release will have some exceptional facets to discuss and opine about. One of the main drag aspects of these ultra ltd releases is that we don't all get to try them and so discussion is extremely limited. Oh well...
Without a doubt the most frustrating thing in niche and indie perfumery right now - especially in that the majority of cases are not caused by necessity.
Honestly the only bad thing about Bogue.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Alright, so I got some of the new AG from a split. I need to smell this before deciding whether to buy it or not. As much as I admire Gardoni as a perfumer, only one of his creations ended up in my collection. Really curious about this one.
nice, though the bottles are going fast from the looks of it perfume lounge already oos on both sizes

Okumichi

Jul 2, 2020
The 50ml bottles are gone already as well? I thought I read a comment of his talking about Bloom/LS receiving bottles, I should have shot him an email!

Latest News