Bluetooth speaker for a beach vacation

finsfan

Aug 6, 2003
Have a little speaker already, waterproof, a 67 rating on it, and it was not loud at all. In fact, propped it up against a beach shoe and you move more than 10 feet away and can barely hear it. It was a promo I got two years ago at Best Buy for $25 with a $25.00 gift certificate that they mailed me (I had like 10 days to use it).

Been reading up on a Ulitimate Ears Wonderboom or the UE Megaboom, a Sony Bass something or other, and then an Oonta Angle 3 (#1 rated at Amazon), AOMAIS Sport II or its GO (30 watt speaker).

Definitely want waterproof and then I need it loud enough for say one of those beach tents or a backyard BBQ,

Anyone with experience with having one?

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
I wouldn't recommend anything high quality. If you're going to be using it at the beach and it may get wet, yeah, waterproof is a good idea. But if I want music at the beach, I use one of my older, cheaper Bluetooth speakers.
I wouldn't recommend anything that plays louder than a ten foot radius if you're at a public beach. Not everyone wants to hear your music, especially if it's country music.

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
It depends on how populated of a beach you are going to. If it is not too crowded, speakers won't matter as long as your not topping out the volume. I would recommend a waterproof one, maybe one that's normally for a shower. JBL GO2 reviewed here are waterproof.
Enjoy your vacation!

JBL makes good quality and it's durable. That's what I would go with as well.

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
And bring Beach Hut Man of course.

If you lather yourself in sunscreen, would you be able to smell it? This is when it's good to spray your shirt, as I know you do. So when it's time to leave you throw your shirt on and you're smelling good again!

I also purchased a speaker from Sprint with rebate store money and bought a waterproof speaker. Just some cheap off-brand, but I'm hoping to try it out soon.

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
I know this thread is a bit old, but as I recently came across a really good, compact bluetooth speaker, I thought I'd chime in. The brand is ANKER and yes the name is rather unfortunate. The model is SoundCore mini. Works a treat and pairs up very easily. Sound is very good.

Staff online

Latest News