best tobacco

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
no, it's not completely out of my budget but how good is it? I actually never tried anything by royal crown
It's my favorite release from the house. Definitely a hardcore tobacco scent, and IMO, it's very much worth trying if you love tobacco. You can find good discounts on the brand too if you look around.

Jun 10, 2012
no, it's not completely out of my budget but how good is it? I actually never tried anything by royal crown
It's very mediocre. The only big money tobacco scent I've found worth the price tag is Tribute Attar. Tribute is greenish in some ways ...... if you want just a good sweetish tobacco then can't go wrong with Tobacolor, or Volutes if you want something a bit more elegant.

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
It's very mediocre. The only big money tobacco scent I've found worth the price tag is Tribute Attar. Tribute is greenish in some ways ...... if you want just a good sweetish tobacco then can't go wrong with Tobacolor, or Volutes if you want something a bit more elegant.
I have a sample of tobacolor on the way

Bis100

Aug 7, 2019
mancera red tobacco:harsh opening

Most harsh in the game.

There was a post here at one time with a GIF of Tom Cruise from the movie "Collateral" that was connected to Mancera Red Tobacco. I would love to see that post again if anyone recalls where that was. Possibly the funniest post I've ever seen on basenotes.

slpfrsly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
Best is a tough thing to grasp.

The most realistic is Villoresi's Atman Xaman, it really smells like a cigar. A close runner up is Akro's Smoke, which smells like cigarette ash. Neither are particularly wearable in my opinion.

Then you're left with less-realistic, more impressionistic attempts at tobacco. Perhaps the best of this would be Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. There have been many imitations but the sweet tobacco in this scent is very good.

Finally, the 'sexiest'. Here you have tobacco as part of an alluring and actively 'compliment-getting' fragrance. It would be between Naxos and Pure Havane. There's more tobacco absolute in the latter, although I think the former is a much better fragrance for the first few hours, where it really conveys smoke in the sillage. I'd flip a coin between the two and probably opt for Pure Havane, as it's an easier and better wear for a man, though women probably ought to go for Naxos.

There are many other varities - the dry, herbal type of tobacco, especially - and iterations of tobacco but that would be my assessment. It's annoying there are so few tobacco scents that really last, and I have concluded that this must be due to the absolute used, which seems fairly shortlived in its diluted form in perfumery.

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
Best is a tough thing to grasp.

The most realistic is Villoresi's Atman Xaman, it really smells like a cigar. A close runner up is Akro's Smoke, which smells like cigarette ash. Neither are particularly wearable in my opinion.

Then you're left with less-realistic, more impressionistic attempts at tobacco. Perhaps the best of this would be Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. There have been many imitations but the sweet tobacco in this scent is very good.

Finally, the 'sexiest'. Here you have tobacco as part of an alluring and actively 'compliment-getting' fragrance. It would be between Naxos and Pure Havane. There's more tobacco absolute in the latter, although I think the former is a much better fragrance for the first few hours, where it really conveys smoke in the sillage. I'd flip a coin between the two and probably opt for Pure Havane, as it's an easier and better wear for a man, though women probably ought to go for Naxos.

There are many other varities - the dry, herbal type of tobacco, especially - and iterations of tobacco but that would be my assessment. It's annoying there are so few tobacco scents that really last, and I have concluded that this must be due to the absolute used, which seems fairly shortlived in its diluted form in perfumery.
The best ones thus far are slumberhouse jeke, and pineward teacle. Both are not too sweet and have a strong natural tobacco note

slpfrsly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
The best ones thus far are slumberhouse jeke, and pineward teacle. Both are not too sweet and have a strong natural tobacco note
To curtail any argument before it starts, there is no objective 'best'. It's a forlorn pursuit. I haven't tried teacle, but Jeke is by no means the 'best' in any plausible way - don't give exclusivity, scarcity, cost, and mythos an undue amount of credit. To my nose, Jeke is interesting, but nothing special. It's nowhere near the 'best' tobacco fragrance by any criteria I could think of.

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
If you're in Europe, or maybe if you're not, your best bet may be directly from Villoresi. The EDP is better than the EDT, which is rather weak and watery in comparison.
Im in canada, and yes, i always try to go for the max concentration, so edp is the preferred one for me to sample. I have read on fragrantica someone mentioned pure parfum. Does LV even do PP?

hydrocarbon

Dec 5, 2021
Just order some samples of various damascones (beta, delta, etc) and you can tweak any tobacco accord to your preference. Cedrene if you want it to smell more smoky.

slpfrsly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
Im in canada, and yes, i always try to go for the max concentration, so edp is the preferred one for me to sample. I have read on fragrantica someone mentioned pure parfum. Does LV even do PP?
I think they may do for certain fragrances like Teint de Neige that sell exceptionally well, but I'd be surprised if there's a parfum version of this. It's not needed even if there is. I checked the website and don't see a parfum, only eau de parfum.

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
Got signature tabac today, it's nice. Imagine tobacco vanille mixed with ambre tabac by Daniel josier mixed with a piece of humidor wood. The tobacco note is as strong as in tobacco vanille but the overall performance is weaker

Nov 2, 2005
looking for the best tobacco out there, it has to be tobacco dominant and it has to be niche/indie/artisinal/(I do consider tom ford private line to be niche)
right now I consider slumberhouse jeke to be the best tobacco or the closest to what I'm looking for.
rasei fort is about to come out with a new tobacco fragrance called late harvest that could be what I'm looking for.
I think I'm looking for moist tobacco(either cigar or pipe) but if you know good dry tobacco fragrances, that might work as well.
here are my thoughts on some fragrances:
tom ford tv- good tobacco note but too sweet(I like it but I don't consider it to be tobacco dominant enough)
franck boclet tobacco-overall good composition but the tobacco isn't high quality in my opinion.
ensar oud eo1- great tobacco note but not tobacco dominant.
am I missing something?
You might give Tabac Aurea by Sonoma Scent Studio a whirl.

DudeLebowski

Oct 10, 2019

Dhanal Oudh Nashwah Rasasi​

View attachment 172643
Try this.
To me it's fresh, wet, pipe tobacco.
Takes me back to finding an Old Holborn tin in the loft when I was a kid. My old Grandad used to roll his own ciggies.
It's that kind of smell.
Tobacco's not mentioned in the notes, but that's what I get (powerfully) throughout.
Fantastically stinky! Fantastic value.
Yes, this is a funky one. Unwearable to me.

I don't get any tobacco out of it. Just burnt woods, haystacks, and horse (animal) fur. It literally reminded me of stables inside a barn. Horrible stuff.

Last edited:

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
You might give Tabac Aurea by Sonoma Scent Studio a whirl.
Ah, interesting suggestion ... I had forgotten all about this one. I believe it was out of production for some time, back when I was into this house, and I never got to try it. It always looked really interesting, and I didn't realize it had become available again.

slpfrsly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
I just smelled Mancera Red Tobacco today and it's amazing. Warm spicy and inviting. Super cozy. Truly a beast of a fragrance. Lasts forever. Projects like monster
You might also like Mystery Tobacco by Carolina Herrera and Initio Side Effect.Both are similar to Red Tobacco and both are better, in my opinion - although they're also more expensive.

Latest News