best tobacco

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
Also I’m curious which Sultan Pasha Attars you’ve tried with poor performance? Tabac Grande seems to be exactly what you’re looking for and it lasts a solid 24 hours on my skin. I can swipe in the morning and it’ll still be there the next morning when I wake up. Shower and all.

Poudre Noir is another Sultan Pasha composition that does tobacco really well but mixes it with tea, dried fruits, lots of oud and heavy animalics. I get 24 hours on the skin with that one too.
What I meant to say is that I don't like the way attars perform compared to extraits, and that I don't like applying them, I checked out tabac grande on sultan's site and I see that it's on the affordable side so I'll probably order 1g

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
Also I’m curious which Sultan Pasha Attars you’ve tried with poor performance? Tabac Grande seems to be exactly what you’re looking for and it lasts a solid 24 hours on my skin. I can swipe in the morning and it’ll still be there the next morning when I wake up. Shower and all.

Poudre Noir is another Sultan Pasha composition that does tobacco really well but mixes it with tea, dried fruits, lots of oud and heavy animalics. I get 24 hours on the skin with that one too.
I meant to say I don't like the way attars in general perform compared to extraits, I also don't like applying them.
ended up ordering 1g of tabac grande anyway, the price is on sultan's more affordable side, and it will probably give me the old world feel I'm looking for

Sinkinggrade

Jun 5, 2019
For me, the truest black tobacco note is in Rania J’s T. Habanero, although its drydown has an evident synthetic touch. For the blond variant, TNRP’s drydown of Rosa LTD Edition: one of her best works in my opinion. Mona Di Orio's Cuir covers like no other the ash/tray aspect of it.

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
For me, the truest black tobacco note is in Rania J’s T. Habanero, although its drydown has an evident synthetic touch. For the blond variant, TNRP’s drydown of Rosa LTD Edition: one of her best works in my opinion. Mona Di Orio's Cuir covers like no other the ash/tray aspect of it.
forgot about t.habanero , I'll add it to my sample list.
I'll have 10ml of ash tray tobacco in tobacco oud,
as for trnp, I already have a part time tobacco in eo1 and it's hard to compete against eo1

Nares Hughes

Dec 28, 2018

Dhanal Oudh Nashwah Rasasi​

Nashwah.jpg
Try this.
To me it's fresh, wet, pipe tobacco.
Takes me back to finding an Old Holborn tin in the loft when I was a kid. My old Grandad used to roll his own ciggies.
It's that kind of smell.
Tobacco's not mentioned in the notes, but that's what I get (powerfully) throughout.
Fantastically stinky! Fantastic value.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
The cigar tobacco note in this is superb!
I still struggle with this being a tobacco scent. Some days I pick up on it but if I have a cigar directly next to me there’s absolutely zero resemblance. I know you guys say this smells like a humidor and that’s one thing I’ve never smelled. I’ve never been in a cigar shop either so maybe that’ll change my perception.

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
I still struggle with this being a tobacco scent. Some days I pick up on it but if I have a cigar directly next to me there’s absolutely zero resemblance. I know you guys say this smells like a humidor and that’s one thing I’ve never smelled. I’ve never been in a cigar shop either so maybe that’ll change my perception.
Its aroma immediately takes me back to touring cigar factories in Cuba. Definitely more of a cigar shop/humidor feeling (more blonde tobacco than dark tobacco).

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
I checked a couple of times in the last few hours and it was sold out, maybe it was back for an hour, anyway it’s sold out now again unfortunately

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
tabarome is green tobacco as far as I know, I have tabac vert by rogue which is supposed to be similar , I'm looking for a thick extrait of heavy bodied pipe or cigar tobacco, something like jeke by slumberhouse

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
tabarome is green tobacco as far as I know, I have tabac vert by rogue which is supposed to be similar , I'm looking for a thick extrait of heavy bodied pipe or cigar tobacco, something like jeke by slumberhouse
You did well picking up Treacle. Its exactly what you’re looking for. It does a true tobacco note better than any fragrance I’ve smelled simply because of the intensity of the tobacco absolute and macerations that were used. Just wait till you smell it. It’s a Smokey tobacco soliflare.

Jeke is a better composition all around because of the complexity and what all is going on but as a true tobacco scent Treacle wins.

Last edited:

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
Hard to beat Jeke, but Tom Ford Tobacco Oud is a good one.
I have a 10ml decant on the way, could have bought a 50ml bottle for 250$ , but I don't like it that much to spend that kind of money.
at this point I hope I'll get a bottle of jeke(I have about 7ml left from my decant)
I hope that sultan's tabac grande and pineward treacle will be good and I'm still waiting for rasei fort's late harvest which is supposed to come out soon

DudeLebowski

Oct 10, 2019
Also, Oud Affair is a good one. I'm still testing it out but my first impression was great. Many compare it to Tobacco Vanille, ( a fragrance I can't stand by the way) but I don't get that. It kinda reminded me of a tamer and more reserved version of Jeke. Will continue to test.

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
I have a 10 ml decant of tobacco vanille, I'll probably never finish it but I don't hate it, it's too sweet but the tobacco note is a good one, an example of something that I do hate would be Naxos

Schubertian

Apr 8, 2021
I saw this thread just after spraying Theodoros Kalotinis Tobacco Maniac that I received as part of their sample pack.
That's very realistic damp, fresh tobacco - in the beginning at least, though it does become sweeter in the drydown.

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
I saw this thread just after spraying Theodoros Kalotinis Tobacco Maniac that I received as part of their sample pack.
That's very realistic damp, fresh tobacco - in the beginning at least, though it does become sweeter in the drydown.
love the name, I'll look into it

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
So, Robin Oud, whats the status?
Did you find your perfect tobacco?
What were the recent samples and what you think of them?

ImaFedec

Sep 12, 2019
I have to say, I find Montabaco very pleasant. And it actually does have a rather realistic tobacco note, unlike other fragrances like Herod or Naxos (which are still great fragrances, especially Naxos).
The other (maybe overly) realistic tobacco I have came across was Tabac Tabou by parfum d'empire. Gave me the impression of a cowboy in a barn. Go figure

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
So, Robin Oud, whats the status?
Did you find your perfect tobacco?
What were the recent samples and what you think of them?
I blind bought treacle by pineward which is tobacco Heavy and not too sweet,. Managed to get a partial bottle of jeke and I'm still waiting for tabac grande to be sent to me( waiting more than a month for an order to be processed is totally unacceptable). Also waiting for rasei fort to release his pipe tobacco fragrance but I don't think it's happening soon unfortunately. Treacle definitely gets a thumbs up for me

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
I have to say, I find Montabaco very pleasant. And it actually does have a rather realistic tobacco note, unlike other fragrances like Herod or Naxos (which are still great fragrances, especially Naxos).
The other (maybe overly) realistic tobacco I have came across was Tabac Tabou by parfum d'empire. Gave me the impression of a cowboy in a barn. Go figure
Tabac tabou sounds interesting

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
Herod, ambre tabac And Naxos are nice but they are not what I'm looking for. I want tobacco centric extraits which are not too sweet.

Latest News