best tobacco

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
looking for the best tobacco out there, it has to be tobacco dominant and it has to be niche/indie/artisinal/(I do consider tom ford private line to be niche)
right now I consider slumberhouse jeke to be the best tobacco or the closest to what I'm looking for.
rasei fort is about to come out with a new tobacco fragrance called late harvest that could be what I'm looking for.
I think I'm looking for moist tobacco(either cigar or pipe) but if you know good dry tobacco fragrances, that might work as well.
here are my thoughts on some fragrances:
tom ford tv- good tobacco note but too sweet(I like it but I don't consider it to be tobacco dominant enough)
franck boclet tobacco-overall good composition but the tobacco isn't high quality in my opinion.
ensar oud eo1- great tobacco note but not tobacco dominant.
am I missing something?

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Check out this thread

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019
Sultan Pasha Tabac Grande is damp tobacco to my nose. Raw and satisfying. Tabacaurum by Sultan Pasha is my favorite tobacco at the moment, though it has a lot more going on than just tobacco.

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
Sultan pasha is great but I don't like attars, they can smell great and I own some good ones sultan pasha included, but I don't like using attars and don't like their performance. I guess I won't find what I'm looking for outside of indie or artisanal houses, I think I should get a full bottle of jeke, maybe I should look into tabac dore by bortnikoff, or Thai tabac by ensar oud. I also own cohiban coffee oud extreme by elixir attar which is great but not tobacco dominant enough

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
You wont get what ur looking for in Tabac Dore.
I am on the same kick and one that i am looking at is Cuba by HJ, but i dont know it smells and i dont believe there are reviews

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
I see hj makes attars, I'm a spray guy. I have a cohiban cigar tincture I got from elixir attar, maybe I should dilute it in alcohol and make a perfume out of it

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
I see hj makes attars, I'm a spray guy. I have a cohiban cigar tincture I got from elixir attar, maybe I should dilute it in alcohol and make a perfume out of it
If i understand their spray making technology, they just dump their oil into a bottle, fill rest with alcohol, asks to give some time, and its a spray. But i understand your dislike of oils, i prefer spray as well

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019
You wont get what ur looking for in Tabac Dore.
I am on the same kick and one that i am looking at is Cuba by HJ, but i dont know it smells and i dont believe there are reviews
I have a review up on here. It’s an excellent fragrance, but not strong on tobacco and definitely not damp.

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Tabac by Abdessalam Attar /La Via del Profumo is pretty dry and comes in a spray format. Haven’t smelled Jeke so I can’t tell how they compare.

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
Yes, I get much more tobacco from Mythique than I do from Cohiban Coffee. To me, Cohiban Coffee smelled nice but neither tobacco nor coffee were super prominent.
Maybe we should ask Mr elixir to create a tobacco fragrance for basenotes members,. I wonder how expensive tobacco oil is,.

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
Custom fragrances are out of my budget unfortunately, but he does use tobacco in a lot of his compositions so I thought I might ask him to make a tobacco centric fragrance,. I bet it will sell

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
Found an old sample of tobacco oud, very nice tobacco. I was thinking about getting 50ml bottle for 250$ but ended up getting a 10ml decant, also ordered a sample of Dior tobacolor,

RedRaider430

You smell good! 😄
Basenotes Plus
Dec 18, 2011
Sounds like you might be looking for a better Tom Ford TV? One of my favorites is Tobacco Dynasty by Noble Royale. Just smells better and more wearable, IMO.

However, it can be pretty hard to find. I got mine from Jovoy Paris, and the only other place I know that carries it is Niche Perfumes out of Spain.

Also, since you don't care for the Franck Boclet, you might try Tabac Rouge by Phaedon Paris.

Last edited:

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
Pineward Perfumes has an offering named Treacle which has an intensely Smokey lapsong tea and raisins opening that quickly shifts into pure tobacco. It’s tenacious and lasts an easy 18 hours on my skin. The far drydown smells very reminiscent of Jeke but without the patchouli and whiskey notes. It has the same cigar vibe but this is very raw on all fronts. It’s complex for sure but it’s mostly just Smokey and resinous tobacco.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
Also I’m curious which Sultan Pasha Attars you’ve tried with poor performance? Tabac Grande seems to be exactly what you’re looking for and it lasts a solid 24 hours on my skin. I can swipe in the morning and it’ll still be there the next morning when I wake up. Shower and all.

Poudre Noir is another Sultan Pasha composition that does tobacco really well but mixes it with tea, dried fruits, lots of oud and heavy animalics. I get 24 hours on the skin with that one too.

Michman67

Dec 14, 2013
looking for the best tobacco out there, it has to be tobacco dominant and it has to be niche/indie/artisinal/(I do consider tom ford private line to be niche)
right now I consider slumberhouse jeke to be the best tobacco or the closest to what I'm looking for.
rasei fort is about to come out with a new tobacco fragrance called late harvest that could be what I'm looking for.
I think I'm looking for moist tobacco(either cigar or pipe) but if you know good dry tobacco fragrances, that might work as well.
here are my thoughts on some fragrances:
tom ford tv- good tobacco note but too sweet(I like it but I don't consider it to be tobacco dominant enough)
franck boclet tobacco-overall good composition but the tobacco isn't high quality in my opinion.
ensar oud eo1- great tobacco note but not tobacco dominant.
am I missing something?
Odori Tobacco

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
Sounds like you're might be looking for a better Tom Ford TV? One of my favorites is Tobacco Dynasty by Noble Royale. Just smells better and more wearable, IMO.

However, it can be pretty hard to find. I got mine from Jovoy Paris, and the only other place I know that carries it is Niche Perfumes out of Spain.

Also, since you don't care for the Franck Boclet, you might try Tabac Rouge by Phaedon Paris.
I like tv but I do not consider it to be a tobacco centric fragrance, I'm looking for a composition which is like 90% tobacco like jeke, tabac rough is on my sampling list

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
Pineward Perfumes has an offering named Treacle which has an intensely Smokey lapsong tea and raisins opening that quickly shifts into pure tobacco. It’s tenacious and lasts an easy 18 hours on my skin. The far drydown smells very reminiscent of Jeke but without the patchouli and whiskey notes. It has the same cigar vibe but this is very raw on all fronts. It’s complex for sure but it’s mostly just Smokey and resinous tobacco.
That might be a good choice, I need to revisit my pineward samples,

Latest News