Best smoky smelling frags??

Topher7131

Dec 27, 2021
Just wondering what's some good incense/smoky smelling colognes out there. I have a few (ADG Profumo, Z&V this is him, MB Club Black) but wondering of some other good ones 😀

Jan 10, 2022
I just purchased this one, it's super smokey! Also, this brand bases all their scent of of films!

Topher7131

Dec 27, 2021
I'm fond of Francesco Smalto pour Homme which reminds me of a smoky YSL Jazz. Unfortunately its discontinued.
I've never heard of that one. Anything not discontinued? I'm about to spend 40-60$ on something...haha just looking for ideas of decent stuff 😎

Katatonia

Basenotes Member
Dec 4, 2016
CDG Black
Amouage Journey
Hiram Green Hyde
AER Cade
Zoologist T-Rex
Kerosene Blackmail
Rook perfumes thurible
Olivier Durbano Black tourmaline

woodnotes55

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 27, 2016
I'm fond of Francesco Smalto pour Homme which reminds me of a smoky YSL Jazz. Unfortunately its discontinued.

I've never heard of that one. Anything not discontinued? I'm about to spend 40-60$ on something...haha just looking for ideas of decent stuff 😎
FSPH is a great fragrance but disco'd and also likely out of price range. Another option is Hammam Bouquet - but it's a fairly polarizing scent and definitely sample first. A dark rose with heavy smoke and some other "hammam" notes!! Would have to find at a discounter and get the smaller bottle to hit your price range.

The best recommendation I can make is current Goutal Vetiver. Vetiver with lots of smoke....

drseid

Sound Scents
Basenotes Plus
Jun 1, 2003
Hmm... Not discontinued and within a $40-$60 price range, eh? Slim pickings for stuff I personally like within those parameters... If you can stretch your budget to $90 (or $72 + S&H if bought direct), then Sanctum by TRNP is a favorite in the incense realm. Just about all the others including almost all the prior bottles mentioned in the thread are considerably more expensive and/or discontinued. That said, if you include discontinued perfumes, you may find some inexpensive gems that still are within your budget on the aftermarket.

Last edited:

Derbyman

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 26, 2010
My personal favourite smoky fragrance is Dhanal Oudh Nashwah. One of the few I've bought a backup bottle of as it's so addictive and really hits the spot for me.

ktuvmxmifzie.png

Top notes: Oud, Honey, Nutmeg

Middle notes: Juniper, Strawberry Leaf

Base notes: Leather, Amber, Cedar

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
My personal favourite smoky fragrance is Dhanal Oudh Nashwah. One of the few I've bought a backup bottle of as it's so addictive and really hits the spot for me.

ktuvmxmifzie.png

Top notes: Oud, Honey, Nutmeg

Middle notes: Juniper, Strawberry Leaf

Base notes: Leather, Amber, Cedar
This is a terrific fragrance by any metric.

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
Many great recommendations, also adding:

Open by Roger & Gallet, Lomani, Amber River and even more so Epic Maze by Al Anneq, most of the unisex EDPs from the Les Parfums Remarquables range from Le Couvent des Minimes-particularly Smyrna EDP, Eau Sauvage Parfum as well as almost the entire Fahrenheit line by the same house of Dior-minus perhaps the summer flankers and the highly vanillic Fahrenheit 32

ASN

May 29, 2021
Cabochard/Gres. Certainly unisex and smoky.
Yatagan/Caron. Pine woods/smoky with a lumberjack vibe.
A number of the 'women's' cyprees from the 70's are quite dry and smoky and although often discontinued, can be found for a song on EBay.

JBHoren

I *am* smiling
Basenotes Plus
Apr 25, 2007
As has been mentioned previously, CdG Black ($110 for 100ml, with no smaller sizes). Also, Jovoy Private Label ($165 for 100ml, no smaller sizes). Decants/samples are readily available for both. I was able to purchase 30ml decants of both, and I'm happy. As a BN buddy sez: "Smell good, feel good"

slpfrsly

Physician, heal thyself
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
Just wondering what's some good incense/smoky smelling colognes out there. I have a few (ADG Profumo, Z&V this is him, MB Club Black) but wondering of some other good ones 😀
Avignon is good. Not much smoke though. Armani's Bois d'Encens adds a bit of smoke in to a woody-incense liturgical blend. Clove notes can give a smokey quality, and is a big part of why the Tobacco Vanille template smells so good.

Latest News