Best smelling and long lasting perfume

xvital

Aug 5, 2014
Hi, i am planning to buy a new perfume after my polo red. i did like the smell but unfortunately it doesnt last long
i am looking for a long lasting perfume and best smelling. i need your preference whatever it is
i was thinking of armani acqua di gio essenza but i dont know about its smell if people liked it and whether it last long or not

Franco65

Basenotes Dependent
May 13, 2012
AdG Essenza was a major letdown, Allure Homme Sport or Edition Blanche are good beasts..also Blue (aka Allure Night)!

magnus611

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 16, 2013
Well I'm going according to what the thread asks for and the answer is "Aoud & pine" by Montale , "Aventus" , Jubilation XXV , Tuscan Leather , and Roja Dove "Amber Aoud" : you can also count on L'eau d'issey and LeMale (original) to put out 8-12 hrs depending on your skin chemistry and if clothes are being sprayed upon...Cheerios

Last edited:

dougczar

Basenotes Institution
Mar 3, 2012
There are a LOT that smell great and last a long time in all the price ranges. Personally, AdGE lasts all day on me, and yes, it has gotten some compliments!

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
ADG Essenza is indeed one of the longest lasting and altogether best in its designer category, so if testing goes well and the fragrance smells good to you but also lasts enough, might be worth considering.

Chillionare

Jun 18, 2014
A few that seem to last all day for me and are amazing fragrances to my nose

Tom Ford Plum Japonais
MDCI Cuir Garamante
MDCI Invasion Barbare
Amouage Jubilation XXV

I also +1 on the L'eau d"Issey. Doesn't seen quite as complex to me but lasts
Aramis Havana is another that keeps on ticking, Actually I could still smell this on a T shirt in the laundry basket for over 3 days!

FSU92grad

Basenotes Institution
May 20, 2013
Armani Code is VERY good and will get you some compliments....Even, Armani Code Sport....Very well received fragrance, simple and will last and last and it actually smells good...

Other compliment getters is Cartier Declaration or Essence, Molecule 01, Creed's MI and Aventus, ON the pricier side Fredrick Malle's VE gets me the compliments a LOT especially in the hot summer....Good stuff....

mushroom8118

May 8, 2014
You can try :
Acqua di Gio Pour Homme
Terre De Hermes
Attimo Homme
Annick Goutal Eau De Monsieur

They are some of my faves in my husband's collection.
It lasts on him. We live in Kuala Lumpur, the weather is humid and hot most of the time :)

Gerard_Butler

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 25, 2011
Acqua do gio essenza is a great choice. Its very long lasting since it is an eau de parfum, which means its more concentrated and potent. And it smells very good. Lots of people are attracted to its smell.

vitaman

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 14, 2008
"Oud & Oud seems to never go away on my skin."
Wondered if this was a good or bad thing!

Roky

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 1, 2015
Honestly: Without knowing much about your preferences this here might end in a bunch of personal preference lists. (Me for example, I find my best-smelling workhorses most times among older/vintage stuff or some very few niche market scents). If I were you, I'd try some of the mentioned one in your next department store. After this I'd have a look if there's a place in your city where you can sample a broader spectrum of perfumes (for example some of the 'mid-range niche' stuff such as the Montale/Mancera/Comme des Garcons line). I'm sure this will make a nice trip and will end up with some serious contenders :) Have fun!

Trauerkraut

Basenotes Institution
Nov 14, 2009
...l'Air du Désert Marocain...
...Héritage...
...Lonestar Memories...
...Ambre Précieux...

saminlondon

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 25, 2011
The OP hasn't been seen on Basenotes for over two years, so let's hope he found what he was looking for.

Last edited:

troybklynny

Basenotes Junkie
Jul 28, 2015
Honestly: Without knowing much about your preferences this here might end in a bunch of personal preference lists. (Me for example, I find my best-smelling workhorses most times among older/vintage stuff or some very few niche market scents). If I were you, I'd try some of the mentioned one in your next department store. After this I'd have a look if there's a place in your city where you can sample a broader spectrum of perfumes (for example some of the 'mid-range niche' stuff such as the Montale/Mancera/Comme des Garcons line). I'm sure this will make a nice trip and will end up with some serious contenders :) Have fun!
This^^^

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

LiveJazz

Funky fresh
Basenotes Plus
Mar 16, 2006
So, this will be a bit of an expensive recommendation, but going strictly by the thread request, I would investigate fragrances in the amber realm. As a rule, amber-dominant scents last days if not washed off of fabric, and tend to smell pleasant to a wide range of people. With a dry amber, you can get away with summer wears, if you apply lightly.

As a starting point:
-Tom Ford Amber Absolute
-Lubin Akkad
-Histories de Parfems Ambre 114
-Profumum Ambra Aurea

tspencer

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 12, 2016
My opinion,

Acqua di Gio Profumo <- is the best version of the Armani lineup and I think it should be recommended much more often in general to buyers looking for something under $90. I always thought the original Acqua di Gio smelled decent but 'incomplete'. Once I smelled the Profumo flanker I knew this was what the original should have smelled like all along.

Also, I think you should sniff the entire Chanel lineup. That is the best designer house IMO. Many, many signature-worthy scents hail from this maker.

freewheelingvagabond

Basenotes Institution
Jun 10, 2012
Hi, i am planning to buy a new perfume after my polo red. i did like the smell but unfortunately it doesnt last long
i am looking for a long lasting perfume and best smelling. i need your preference whatever it is
i was thinking of armani acqua di gio essenza but i dont know about its smell if people liked it and whether it last long or not

I hope you got Kouros and haven't looked back since....! :beer:

Latest News