Best Niche Black Tea Fragrance?

Hazel5

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2016
I'm looking for a great black tea niche fragrance. Something that lasts long and really features black tea as the most prominent note. Ideas? Thanks!!

Hazel5

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2016
Thank you all for the suggestions. Absolutely "Photorealistic" maybe not what I'm aiming for--not sure. Do love the adjective.

CapriDog

Mar 1, 2012
375x500.28499.jpg

Perhaps sample this if you haven't.

Nastka

Mar 6, 2011
There's plenty of green tea scents out there, but I have trouble recalling any black tea fragrances.

+1 Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur, but only if you like your tea spiced. Five O`Clock Au Gingembre by Serge Lutens is in a similar vein.

If you like Earl Grey, Jo Malone's Earl Grey and Cucumber is one to try.

Hazel5

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2016
Great suggestions. I have tried Thé Noir and it's lovely. The Jo Malone Earl Gray and Cucumber was marvelous, but only lasted about 30 minutes on me. Will work on samples of Tea for Two, CDG Tea Leaves, and Russian Tea.

ArnaudBoson

May 29, 2015
Hi Hazel5,

+1 for Thé Noir 29. I'm a huge fan of black tea, here is my top 3:

Baraonda by Nasomatto, stunning notes of tea and whiskey
Néroli Outrenoir by Guerlain, superb notes of citrus flowers combined with smoked tea
Kiste by Slumberhouse, unique blend of peach, tobacco and sweet tea

Primrose

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 22, 2009
Late to the party, but I recommend both HDP Amber Russe and Guerlain Voyage London 04. These are not popular but IMO nice tea notes.

justfoxie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 23, 2018
I do NOT advise Beaufort's Vi et Armis - it's one of my all time favourite fragrances (I always wear it around Christmas or if I'm feeling very obstreperous), and while it has a tea note, that's not what this scent is. Approach this one with caution.

For actual tea fragrances - Tea for Two like others have recommended is a great one (it's one of my scents of the season this autumn). I also really like Demeter's Earl Grey. It doesn't last very long but it does exactly what it says on the tin and layers super well with anything honeyed or gourmand for an afternoon tea overall feel. Phaedon Cendres de The is on my wish list. I used my sample up ages ago and keep debating when I'm going to buy some more. It's probably my favourite tea scent of what I've tried.

I didn't love The Noir by Le Labo personally, too much fig for my preferences and it went a bit sour on my skin.

Adding some of these to my test list!

Latest News