Best Cheapies ($50 or so) You're Enjoying Right Now.

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Azzaro pour Homme Intense - Azzaro by way of Bogart Witness. Really underrated stuff.

Caron pour Un Homme Sport - Frosty, minty herbal lavender with a sparkling ambergris and vanilla uplift. My idea of a good freshie.

Lalique Le Parfum - Folks have slept on this one. This boozy, non-foody vanilla by Ropion is tremendously elegant (if you like Boucheron Jaïpur, you're likely to enjoy this).

Mercedes-Benz Club Black - I did a side-by-side with Indult Tihota and Spiriteuse Double Vanille. As far as straightforward vanilla scents go, I preferred this.

Last edited:

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Kouros
Caron Pour Un Homme
Declaration
Declaration Essence
Gucci Guilty Absolute Pour Homme
Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men EdT
Eau de Guerlain
Jicky (or not so much anymore?)
Terre d'Hermes (1.6oz for around $50-60ish?)
Le Male
Grey Flannel
Jaipur Homme EdP
Givenchy Vetyver
Guerlain Vetiver
1 Million
Polo (Green)
Versace L'Homme
18.21 Man Made Sweet Tobacco Spirits?
Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme
CH Men
Prada Amber Pour Homme
Burberry Brit for Men/Him
Azzaro Chrome
L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme
Toy Boy
Invictus
Hanae Mori HiM EdP (or at least EdT maybe?)
Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Pour Homme
Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Pour Homme Love is Love
TL Pour Lui
cK One
Voyage Parfum

Toxicon

May 29, 2021
Some quality frags from my current wardrobe + approximate price paid:
  • Versace L'Homme ($18/100ml)
  • Guerlain Vetiver ($38/200ml - insane deal for one of the best perfumes of all time; 100 ml is typically $40)
  • Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green ($20/125ml)
  • Jacomo de Jacomo ($25/100ml)
  • Roger & Gallet Open ($20/100ml)
  • Zara Vibrant Leather Summer ($18/125ml - on sale as low as $10)
  • Pinaud Clubman aftershaves - original, Musk, Vanilla, and Special Reserve ($8/177ml)

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009
Axe/Lynx Oud Wood & Dark Vanilla
Lynx Tobacco and Amber
Old Spice
Barbasol Aftershave
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Aqua Velva Musk
Revlon That Man
Jacques Bogart One Man Show
Jacques Bogart One Man Show Ruby Edition
Jacques Bogart Riviera Nights
Cabochard Gres EdP

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Too many to mention, possibly also including (apart from the many great names already mentioned) also Ginepro Nero, Assenzio and/or Accordo di Ebano by l'Erbolario, Lalique White, Azzaro PH l'Eau, several Cerruti 1881 flankers, most Lomani male scents, Jaguar green, Lapidus PH, Zino-again among countless others

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
Halston 1-12
Halston Z-14 (rainy days only)
Grey Flannel

Oldies and before my time, but for being under $20, they're surprisingly high quality, imo. The 1-12 is a dandy scent that hints at being a bit rakish at times. The Z-14 is a comforting scent in wet weather, and gives a nice Christmas vibe. Grey Flannel reminds me of rain and green plants for some reason, despite having this powdery dry down.

_Nicolas_

Aug 16, 2021
Cerruti 1881 PH
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Colonia
Azzaro PH, PH L'Eau and the Intense version (2015), which is pricier, but certainly worth it IMO!
Bentley For Men Intense
Dunhill For Men
Montblanc Individuel (older formulation, I found the most recent had a far poorer drydown)
James Bronnley Original
R&G Jean Marie Farina
Rochas Moustache Original 1949 EDT (phenomenal stuff for the price!)
Pascal Morabito Or Black
Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui
Fragrances Of Ireland Patrick
Tabac Original EDT
Moschino Uomo?
John Varvatos Vintage

cologne_enthusiast

Feb 21, 2015
I recently picked up Oud Vanille by Franck Olivier for 20 bucks. Its great. Niche quality rose/oud combo with some vanilla and caramel. I havent been blown away by a cheapie in a long time. There’s also Oud Touch by the same company. Its great too. Its a dry rose/oud similar to Oud Ispahan from Dior.

My next cheapie is going to be One Man Show by Bogart. Anyone have thoughts on that one?

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
Recently:
Pierre Cardin - Pour Monsieur EDT
Kenzo - Jungle Homme
Adolfo Dominguez - Agua Fresca
Azzaro - Visit
Guerlain - Vetiver
Cerruti - 1881
Jacques Bogart - Bogart (aka Signature)

[...] My next cheapie is going to be One Man Show by Bogart. Anyone have thoughts on that one?
Pine/leathery moss/castoreum, with 3 miles sillage. That's what you need to know.
Let us know when it arrives, and please post every 2 hours from that moment to give a sign of life, or we'll send you an ambulance.

Jokes on the side: ultra bold, very old school. I got it at the beginning of my frag journey, and never managed to wear it. Swapped it yesterday, hoping it'll find some more love in its new house.

Toxicon

May 29, 2021
Pine/leathery moss/castoreum, with 3 miles sillage. That's what you need to know.
Let us know when it arrives, and please post every 2 hours from that moment to give a sign of life, or we'll send you an ambulance.

Jokes on the side: ultra bold, very old school. I got it at the beginning of my frag journey, and never managed to wear it. Swapped it yesterday, hoping it'll find some more love in its new house.
One Man Show and Furyo are both on my "try someday" list, but I suspect there's zero chance I can wear either. Still nice to know they exist!

cologne_enthusiast

Feb 21, 2015
Recently:
Pierre Cardin - Pour Monsieur EDT
Kenzo - Jungle Homme
Adolfo Dominguez - Agua Fresca
Azzaro - Visit
Guerlain - Vetiver
Cerruti - 1881
Jacques Bogart - Bogart (aka Signature)

haha. what about One Man Show Oud Edition? same beastly vibe?

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
CK One Shock
Encre Noire a La Extreme

Declaration Essence

Guerlain Vetiver

Halston Z-14

Pascal Morabito Or Black
Rochas Moustache Original 1949 EDT

All of these are cheapies that I picked up with the original intention of giving them to the boyfriend, and wound up liking them so much that I kept them for myself.

He has such a nice little fragrance wardrobe. It's a shame he doesn't know about it.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
haha. what about One Man Show Oud Edition? same beastly vibe?
Way more wearable than the original, and no animalics. Got rid of that one also, not because I didn't like it, just not wearing it often enough. Starts with a sweet fruity top (a bit synthetic smelling, let's talk truth), to end with a nice woody/resinous base, with a (remote) vibe of Dior Leather Oud. (I said: just a vibe!)

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
All of these are cheapies that I picked up with the original intention of giving them to the boyfriend, and wound up liking them so much that I kept them for myself.

He has such a nice little fragrance wardrobe. It's a shame he doesn't know about it.
Declaration Essence?
Guerlain Vetiver?
Morabito Or Black?
Moustache?

You haven't told him?? You're so cruelllll.... and he'll never know.... how horrible! (but you're right to keep them for you.. to good to share ;))

Latest News