Best 3 male fragrance for female

Robin-in-FL

Jan 18, 2011
I am sure this is an individual thing, but I like these:

Debonair Eau Dandy by Smell Bent - moss lemon rose

Tabac Aurea (unisex but smells like a guy's scent to me) - pipe tobacco

And, the perfume with perhaps the stupidest perfume name ever - Avon's Derek Jeter Driven Black, oh how I liked that smell on men and women, to my nose it smells cozy on women and sexy on men - Really nicely balanced wood/spice/citrus thing, like the Karmala it has a sort of cult status now and sells for much more than I ever sold it for when it was in production.

So that's my top 3 man perfumes I like to smell on women, and that I like to wear personally. I am 100% sure that I don't usually notice when a lady is wearing a men's perfume though.

Oriane

Jan 15, 2015
I do not know many men's fragrances, but I like Guerlain Habit Rouge. I have always liked British Sterling and English Leather as well. I*think* Lutens Cuir Mauresque is supposed to be unisex, but whether it is or not, I adore CM.

ErinK

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 6, 2013
My votes for three masculines that smell awesome on me (heh) are for Dior Homme, Prada Infusion d'Homme, and Chanel Egoiste. :thumbsup:

Honorable mentions to Spicebomb and Terre d'Hermes.

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Also, at least one lady-friend among my acquaintances (actually, at least two) simply enjoyed wearing Antaeus and this extremely recognizable powerhouse suited them quite admirably-though cannot fully guarantee for the success (and also versatility/appropriateness) rate of this particular fragrance choice

Oviatt

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 30, 2007
Guerlain's Vetiver comes to mind as well as Devin. Third Man is a good choice as well as Egoiste. C&S's No. 88 also smells great on women. Finally, Jacques Bogart Pour Homme.

Nastka

Mar 6, 2011
I'd say Dior Homme Intense, Davidoff Hot Water and Miller Harris Vetiver Insolent, though the latter may be classed as unisex I believe.

chypre

Oct 10, 2006
I enjoy fragrances marketed to men, and in particular, love Chanel Antaeus, Aramis JHL, Fahrenheit, Boucheron pour homme, M7, Caron pour un homme, plus many vetivers and ouds.

I think that most men's fragrances would smell wonderful on women (though I personally could never wear Le Male, Kouros and Drakkar Noir).

donna255

Jul 16, 2004
I wear loads of men's fragrances, I see no reason by men or women can wear whatever they want no matter the packaging and who the house aims it at.

Caron Third Man

Chanel Pour Monsieur

Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur

For me these for beginners who are nervous should try first.

Oriane

Jan 15, 2015
^^^ I heard Pi was quite unisex. I almost purchased it a year or so ago. I was about to purchase a vintage Egoiste last year whence it sold only seconds before I sent my payment through. :sad:

thediamondsea

Jan 10, 2016
When I was in my very late teens in the very late 80s (and into1990), I wore a lot of Drakkar Noir and Fahrenheit.

I later had a long and intense affair with Bulgari Black, a perfume that was initially marketed to women, then presented as unisex, and which has finally been (mostly) adopted by the fellas--which kind of makes sense to me, as the tea note was lost to reformulation regs (no more Lapsong Souchong materials--sad face) and I think it became more stereotypically "masculine" as a result. During this time I was also wearing Annick Goutal Vetiver which is the gnarliest vetiver I've ever smelled, and my absolute all-time favorite (and which is also lost to reformulation, dang it). My dad still has a bottle of vintage Pi that he never wears; I'm considering stealing it--it is certainly sweet enough, if that's a consideration.

Of the available options these days, I wear Eau des Baux and Egoiste. I also tested my husband's sample of Tom Ford Noir Anthracite and I really like it, but I'll only take it up seriously if he buys a bottle for himself. This summer, I'm thinking I want some Eau Sauvage for myself, especially since the mister doesn't like it--more for me.

This is way more than 3. Sorry!

thediamondsea

Jan 10, 2016
Oh, crap--I almost forgot a couple of current favorites!
Lolita Lempicka for Him (or whatever it's called) is great--I kinda like it better than the Femme version; I think reformulation has been kinder to it

And, seriously, *anything* from Mugler that's marketed to men works--A*Men and all its variations are yummy, and Mugler Cologne smells great on everybody.

HouseOfPhlegethon

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
In the 80's / early 90's I wore a lot more men's scents, than I do now. There are way more unisex fragrances these days.

Three I can think of are Bugatti (original), Burberry London for Men, and Be The Legend by Oriflame. Dior's Sauvage actually smells pretty good on me so, I wear it now and then. Crazy note here -- Sauvage actually helps me get through hot flashes. :grin: Something in this much aligned scent, is calming and cooling for these annoying menopausal episodes.

Scarce

Dec 28, 2014
Women can get away with anything imo --- especially leathers

Agreed, and why things like Cuir de Russie were so popular back in the 20s and continue to sell. Even things that are overtly masculine, almost testosterone-infused like Mazzolari Lui can smell absolutely perfect on a woman who can carry it off. Another vote for Fahrenheit also.

purecaramel

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 9, 2013
In the 80's / early 90's I wore a lot more men's scents, than I do now. There are way more unisex fragrances these days.

Three I can think of are Bugatti (original), Burberry London for Men, and Be The Legend by Oriflame. Dior's Sauvage actually smells pretty good on me so, I wear it now and then. Crazy note here -- Sauvage actually helps me get through hot flashes. :grin: Something in this much aligned scent, is calming and cooling for these annoying menopausal episodes.

This tickles my Funny Bone with it's Kiss and it's Knife to the heart. With both the Bugatti and Sauvage you hit the Best and Worst of my thought and feeling about Perfume. HoP, you are a riot!!

Last edited:

AceyMan

wearing dad's aftershave™
Basenotes Plus
Mar 3, 2007
Pour Lui by Oscar de la Renta

A little sweet, a little powdery, very rich. Just get pre-reform, as the very latest has been completely emasculated.

Alex Krycek

Sep 6, 2016
So, let me touch upon a few things that have previously been discussed here and elsewhere.

Intellectually, I know scent/gender is arbitrary and conditioned in the same manner as pink/blue.

With that said, I'm not an island and no cerebral understanding eases my discomfort while considering a pink tux and Chanel No. 5 for myself. Others may take a different approach or be more evolved than I.

And, with that said, given my own prejudice and preoccupation, it seems---at least to me---that women have a greater latitude in wearing men's scents than vice versa.

This view, I think, reveals more about how my perceptions and taste have been manipulated than actual reality.

Latest News