Bel Ami at Work?

Oct 10, 2019
I honestly get a French Lover vibe out of Bel Ami. But a bit more old fashioned. Anybody else?
The smoky, peppery, spicy opening followed by soft woods definitely reminds me of it, and they both seem to have this cigarette smoke accord in the dry down that I enjoy a lot.
It's part of the reason why I bought a bottle.

GoldWineMemories

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 22, 2019
I honestly get a French Lover vibe out of Bel Ami. But a bit more old fashioned. Anybody else?
The smoky, peppery, spicy opening followed by soft woods definitely reminds me of it, and they both seem to have this cigarette smoke accord in the dry down that I enjoy a lot.

I'm going to have to pay more attention to that when I smell French Lover again.

Airegin

Sep 25, 2017
Funny that this thread shows up. I am heavily downsizing and was thinking of selling Bel Ami (but keeping Bel Ami Vétiver). I've given it another full wear and I just don't get it. I hate nearly all 80s scents but Bel Ami is incredible. I'm only familiar with the current formulation though, never smelled vintage and I suspect I wouldn't like it as much.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
To my nose, I didn't think they were similar.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...